Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finally

Finally

I have actually reached my Knights Templar-Papal-Dogma-Da Vinci-Mary Magdeline threshold. I didn't think it was possible.
    Last edited by JCBR1150R; 05-22-2006 at 01:20 AM. Reason: capitalization

You were watching TV again.

I reached my threshold before I read the book. I still don't understand why some people would take a work of fiction so seriously. Then again, the Ayatollah put a death sentence on Salman Rushde for "The Satanic Verses".

BTW, I really enjoyed the story. I got the illustrated special edition for my anniversary last year. I got Brown's previous book, "Angels and Demons" for my birthday. Another enjoyable read. But again - pure fiction, read for the fun of it.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ǣIf you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular! http://www.yearroundriders.com

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Nothing a good ride can't solve.... also remember the most important control on all most all media... the off button.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg
    I visited some of the movie sites last year. My Cousin was a Choir Master at the Lincoln Cathedral, my Scottish relative's live near Roselynn. I reached the DiVinci max last year.

yeah, i went to that boring old stone church WAY before it was cool back in like 2000, yawn...........hahaha

USERNAME
    am i the last person on earth who hasnt read any of these books?

Quote Originally Posted by username
    Possibly - no. Wait. My wife hasn't read them. And we have them in the house.
    Robert
    2010 Suzuki GSX1250SEA
    ǣIf you get in too far over your head, remember - full throttle and make it spectacular! http://www.yearroundriders.com

25-MPH NEXT 1OO MILES PacWestGS's Avatar
    NO

I read the other books "The King James version of the Bible and some parts of the Koran" amazing how similar they are.

Oh well, life goes on.......
    Russ
    "If you took the time to really get to know me...you'd be wasting your time, because I'm exactly who you think I am"

(Life comes at you pretty fast "Pay it Forward" - Have no regrets when the end happens)

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBR1150R
    I have actually reached my Knights Templar-Papal-Dogma-Da Vinci-Mary Magdeline threshold. I didn't think it was possible.
    You have confessed a motral sin. Upstairs with you, to count your holy cards. That will be ten Hail Marys, five Our Fathers, and then falgelate yourself until bloody. Drive these impure thoughts from your wandering mind!

(sorry, 12 years of Catholic school. Old habits die hard.)

(I am not now, or have I ever been, a member of Opus Dei or a fan of Mel Gibson.)

Nope.

You're not. I thought I was. I'd like to see the movie. Not because of the story, but mostly because I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard as the director.

I'd like to read the book ("The DaVinci Code") first, though. Now that it's spring/summer, I doubt that I'll do either (read the book or see the movie).
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

It's not a bad read. Decently constructed, but the characters are formed from balsa wood or something.

Anyway, it's sold in the fiction section, for those that are getting upset about it.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog
    You're not. I thought I was. I'd like to see the movie. Not because of the story, but mostly because I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard as the director.

I'd like to read the book ("The DaVinci Code") first, though. Now that it's spring/summer, I doubt that I'll do either (read the book or see the movie).
    Just saw the movie last Saturday. My wife has read the book, I have not. Because of that, I think I enjoyed the movie much more because of the suspense. The movie followed the book so closely that she had an idea of what was going to happen next.

If you are going to see the movie, read the book afterward.

Okay, yes, I'll admit I was watching TV again. For shame.....

Retired and proud of it MOTORMAN's Avatar
    I haven't read the book nor am I interested in seeing the movie. Too much ado about nothing as far as I am concerned. It amazes me that people get all wound up over fiction, then again they pay attention to politicians as well. Kinda like ODing on TV "wrestling".

You think thats bad, did you hear what happened to the Poseidon.
    Thats the second time.