• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally

JCBR1150R

I have actually reached my Knights Templar-Papal-Dogma-Da Vinci-Mary Magdeline threshold. I didn't think it was possible.

Last edited:
I reached my threshold before I read the book. I still don't understand why some people would take a work of fiction so seriously. Then again, the Ayatollah put a death sentence on Salman Rushde for "The Satanic Verses".

BTW, I really enjoyed the story. I got the illustrated special edition for my anniversary last year. I got Brown's previous book, "Angels and Demons" for my birthday. Another enjoyable read. But again - pure fiction, read for the fun of it.

Nothing a good ride can't solve.... also remember the most important control on all most all media... the off button.

Statdawg said:
I visited some of the movie sites last year. My Cousin was a Choir Master at the Lincoln Cathedral, my Scottish relative's live near Roselynn. I reached the DiVinci max last year. :bottle

yeah, i went to that boring old stone church WAY before it was cool back in like 2000, yawn...........hahaha :brow

am i the last person on earth who hasnt read any of these books?

username said:

NO

I read the other books "The King James version of the Bible and some parts of the Koran" amazing how similar they are.

Oh well, life goes on....... :brow

JCBR1150R said:
I have actually reached my Knights Templar-Papal-Dogma-Da Vinci-Mary Magdeline threshold. I didn't think it was possible.

You have confessed a motral sin. Upstairs with you, to count your holy cards. That will be ten Hail Marys, five Our Fathers, and then falgelate yourself until bloody. Drive these impure thoughts from your wandering mind!

(sorry, 12 years of Catholic school. Old habits die hard.)

(I am not now, or have I ever been, a member of Opus Dei or a fan of Mel Gibson.)

Nope.

username said:

You're not. I thought I was. :doh I'd like to see the movie. Not because of the story, but mostly because I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard as the director.

I'd like to read the book ("The DaVinci Code") first, though. Now that it's spring/summer, I doubt that I'll do either (read the book or see the movie).

It's not a bad read. Decently constructed, but the characters are formed from balsa wood or something.

Anyway, it's sold in the fiction section, for those that are getting upset about it.

:ha

Braddog said:
You're not. I thought I was. :doh I'd like to see the movie. Not because of the story, but mostly because I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard as the director.

I'd like to read the book ("The DaVinci Code") first, though. Now that it's spring/summer, I doubt that I'll do either (read the book or see the movie).

Just saw the movie last Saturday. My wife has read the book, I have not. Because of that, I think I enjoyed the movie much more because of the suspense. The movie followed the book so closely that she had an idea of what was going to happen next.

If you are going to see the movie, read the book afterward.

I haven't read the book nor am I interested in seeing the movie. Too much ado about nothing as far as I am concerned. It amazes me that people get all wound up over fiction, then again they pay attention to politicians as well. Kinda like ODing on TV "wrestling".

KBasa said:
It's not a bad read. Decently constructed, but the characters are formed from balsa wood or something.

Anyway, it's sold in the fiction section, for those that are getting upset about it.

:ha

i'm sure there's a bishop somewhere thinking, "dang! how did i end up with a religion that will no longer allow me to put a bounty on the head of a guy that i think is blasphemous! double dang!"

:D

SFDOC,, you are 800% right!!

I've been doing the same thing for a while now,, the Bible (Old Testement) and the koran are allot alike but if you read the torah you will find all three are the same...They all were written at the same time in the same region of the world...To bad they didn't incorperate all the books that had been wrote... Using what 26 books out of 77 books, I wonder what we missed out on... Just to give you fair warning,,, DON"T try to read the Talmud, It will drive you crazy :uhoh ...Regards Pete

username said:
i'm sure there's a bishop somewhere thinking, "dang! how did i end up with a religion that will no longer allow me to put a bounty on the head of a guy that i think is blasphemous! double dang!"

:D

He could always switch to Islam.

Just got back from seeing the Code. It's a fun ride and worth seeing. Good casting and direction.

Back