• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

windscreen cleaning

I just bought some Plexus so I'm glad to see people are generally happy with it. Use it for my windshield and helmet faceshield. They sell it at my BMW dealership

ultracyclist said:
Where is the best place to buy stuff like Plexus, Rian-x, Fog-x? On line?
Local motorcycle shop?

Plexus - on line distributers like Max's or A&S Cycles (Aviation Supplies may be another good source) but I'm guilty of paying retail through local dealers.

Rain-X products - Wal Mart, K-Mart or chain auto parts stores

Doc

darencs said:
Edit:
Oh yeah, after you get the bugs off, Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish takes any road grime/tar off and shines everything up nicely. The can says that it: "polishes paint, chrome, glass and clear plastic", "protects vinyl, plastic and rubber", "blocks UV rays-reduces fading and cracking", "repels water-beads up like wax".
I got this tip from the GoldWing touring crowd. So if you don't mind using a H***a product on your Beemer give it a try.

Nothing wrong with Plexus which I use, but that Honda Pro Cleaner is unbelievable! It cleans everything from the dashboard panel to the chrome exhaust not to mention gives the painted surfaces a great shine. It's a winner ! If you walk into the service area of our local BMW dealer, they use the Honda Pro Cleaner on all their BMW, Ducati, and Triumphs. Try a can, you'll see.

RTRandy said:
Nothing wrong with Plexus which I use, but that Honda Pro Cleaner is unbelievable!

This stuff is the bomb!

It works particularly well when you let it sit there on the surface for a few minutes before wiping.

Ian

I used Pledge today & was really suprised how well it worked!

jaapovergaag said:
Does anybody have a suggestion on a good windscreen cleaner / rain repellent.

I usually use lots water as a cleaner to remove bugs and dirt.

I then use Pledge on the windshield and visor.

More recently, I started to use a product that was given to me and it works 1st rate. Its one of those TV Infomercial quick shine products...a white cream. The screen feels slippery when dry and when it rains, the water just runs off it.

To polish a windscreen that has scratches in it, I use Meguiar's Swirl Remover with a buffer. Comes out looking like new again.

windshield

Since my return from a Himalayan monastery retreat, I simply run my hands over the bike and all dirt, bugs and grim float off into space, now if I can just get the karma to have the bugs fly around me.

+1 for Plexus if available. Warm water soaked rag if no Plexus at hand.

Friedle

At home I use hydrogen peroxide. Turns bug guts to an easy to remove white goo in very little time. Wipe away the goo with a damp microfiber towel and wipe dry. Works well on all the bug laden leading surfaces of the bike. On multi-day rides I just use a wet microfiber towel and allow the bugs to soften before wiping.

I use warm water and or Plexus. Novus 1 works pretty well too. I generally keep a container of that in my tank bag. It fits great and works well on the road.

Back