• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Memorial day trip

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
The last memorial day I planned a ride to Lake Erie and Middle Bass island, specifically Put in Bay. The weather forecast was for mid 50's and a chance of rain, but I went anyway. Taking all backroads, as well as my time the first stop was Cedar Bog, a nature preserve that has many plants that still exist from the Ice age, and occur no where else in the state.

After visiting the Bog, I travelled on up to the lake, and paid a visit to Marblehead Lighthouse. There are several lighthouses along the lake, but this is my favorite.

Then it was on to the ferry for a ride to the island, it is about a 5 mile ride from the mainland to Middle Bass Island, and takes about 15 minutes. The crowds were small due to the temperatures, but the day turned out great.

The town of Put in Bay is a tourist desdination and definately a party place. Cars (and motorcycles) are only allowed on the island with a permit, so the main transportation is golf carts. They are licensed, so you can get a dui while driving one, please be careful.

The ferry rides are inexpensive and relaxing, and there are places to get something to eat and drink if you want to just watch the boats come and go.

After spending the night, We stopped by the Sorrowful mother Shrine, which has some awesome stained glass windows. The sun made them almost alive with the beautiful colors.

The final picture shows one of the 88 barns in Ohio painted for the Bicentennial celebration of the state, that is celebrated this year. One of the favorite things for club members in Ohio to do is to find and photograph all the barns, one in each county. The trip was a great time, and I certainly enjoy exploring the things in my state. If you look close there are many things of interest just a tank of gas away from where you live.

Last edited:
gettng pics on the report

Guess I will try to get the pics in here one way or another, Please bear with me

hope the pics are here

Here are the pics I hope

Attachments

• bike-and-ferry-oh-1.jpg
    bike-and-ferry-oh-1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 123
Nice shots, lorazepam!

You can insert photos into your post by direct-linking.

For example,

blah blah blah

[ img]http://Lorazepam.smugmug.com/photos/779912-M.jpg[ /img]

blah blah blah

If you remove the extra spaces I put in the img tags, it would show up in the post like this:

779912-M.jpg

Thanks !!!

Thanks fish!
I dont care what sausage man says about you, I think you are all right.:beer

Back