• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75 hard bags

jgebhardt

I've just discovered and purchased a 1989 K75S with 8k miles on the odometer. It looks and runs good, but does not have the hardbags. After new tires and a complete change of fluids, I would like to put bags on this motorcycle. Did the K75 require a special bag or will any bags of that year fit on this motorcycle? I welcome suggestions on where to look for used bags.

Here's a pair that are up for sale for $300:

http://www.ibmwr.org/market/adlist.php?cat=kas

About half a dozen ads down the page...
469146_7657726352143951668_v.jpg

KBasa said:
Here's a pair that are up for sale for $300:

http://www.ibmwr.org/market/adlist.php?cat=kas

About half a dozen ads down the page...
469146_7657726352143951668_v.jpg

Note that if it didn't come with bags originally - it may also need the mounting brackets.

Look at the rear of the bike for Z shaped plastic (looks like black aluminum - but it's a reinforced plastic) brackets going from the upper frame at the rear down to the footpeg mounts.

These are still available from dealers - or probably some might be found at bike wreckers.

The bags Dave found you look very nice - and that's a very good price for the last-series K integral bags..

The z-shaped plastic (I also thought they were aluminum) mounting rails are on the motorcycle. Is all the remaining mounting hardware attached to the bag itself? Or are there more pieces one must buy? The aforementioned bags look good, but how do I know they will attach to this motorcycle? Or are the bags "universal" to all BMWs and what is unique is the mounting hardware? I'm not stupid, just uninformed. I've never had a motorcycle with bags before and this is just my second BMW.

Airacobra said:
The z-shaped plastic (I also thought they were aluminum) mounting rails are on the motorcycle. Is all the remaining mounting hardware attached to the bag itself? Or are there more pieces one must buy? The aforementioned bags look good, but how do I know they will attach to this motorcycle? Or are the bags "universal" to all BMWs and what is unique is the mounting hardware? I'm not stupid, just uninformed. I've never had a motorcycle with bags before and this is just my second BMW.

That's it. Mounts and bags. The bags will, after you get good at it, just clip right on.

There are different types of bags for different types of BMWs. The ones in the picture are the ones for your K75. I think they called them "Integral Bags".

The bags in the picture can be rekeyed so they can be opened with your ignition key. You can do it yourself using instructions from www.ibmwr.org under the Ktech articles.

Airacobra said:

These are the bags that go on the K75 and K100 series bikes..

Tell'ya what - if they don't fit - I'll give you $301.00 for them, so you'll make a profit :bliss

If I had seen them before Dave pointed them out to you - they'd be on their way to me now. These are the last of this series bag, and as such are quite desirable. The price is VERY good for the condition shown in the photos.

If you're not buying them - lemme know - I'll snatch them right up..:D

Back