• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tires at the RALLY ???

kmEatr

Has anyone ever purchased / installed tires at any on the rallies ? Good prices, good service, brand names ?

Thanks in advance for the input.

There will be more than one vendor selling and mounting tires at the rally, plus Frank's BMW is all of 2 miles from the rally site.

The best way to get a deal is to order tires off the 'net, have them shipped to the site and mount them youself. Otherwise I bet it will be retail for the convenience.

AZMC is a good place for tires and perhaps if you call Robert and order a set (and pay in advance) he may cut you a deal.

I have gotten tires from Robert and have been very happy with the service.

Best,

Rob Nye

This guy is good. Helped out with tires and advice the last 2 years at daytona. Adjusted the spokes on my bud's harley and wouldn't take a dime.

Rally tire experience

kmEatr said:
Has anyone ever purchased / installed tires at any on the rallies ? Good prices, good service, brand names ?

I had a great experience with tires in Spokane. I wasn't intending to buy tires but punctured my rear tire in a parking lot. I needed to leave the next morning to ride back to NY. At first the tire vendors told me it would be the next afternoon before they could fit me in for installation. When I explained the situation they went out of their way to help me out. One vendor was willing to fit me in ahead of some other customers but didn't have the right tire in stock. He directed me to another vendor who had the right tire. That vendor sold me a set of Michelins for less than my hometown dealer charged me for just the rear! (I really didn't need the front but for that price...). So 2 competing vendors worked together to get me on the road with a good set of tires at a great price.

Good prices, good service, brand names? Yes to all 3! :clap

I've had AZMCTIRES load new tires on in Charleston at the national, and have plenty of happy experience at Franks. You have some good choices.

Me too, at Trenton Rally....

My KLT needed tires badly when I arrived at Trenton. I had come a long ways from out west and the stock tires were less than adequate for the round trip. It helped taking the wheels from bike, to vendor for quicker service. It seemed to make the guy happy, seeing the wheels already off the bike! Its really not a big task on the KLT and many others. The 880's that I put on are much better tire and make coast to coast round trips easily. Good luck.

BMWPhreak said:
This dude is likely to be there:

http://www.azmctires.com/index.htm

Reports are favorable on him....
Ah, yes, The Tire Nazi ;)
But seriously, he does great work, has a good selection and reasonable prices. And the topics of conversation are always varied and passionate!

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with AZMCTires.

tdomek said:
Ah, yes, The Tire Nazi ;)
But seriously, he does great work, has a good selection and reasonable prices. And the topics of conversation are always varied and passionate!

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with AZMCTires.

Tire Nazi Dood put a rear on my 12GS while I was at the Jack Daniels tour during the RA last year. He was also at the Georgia Mountain Rally a couple weeks ago. Seems real fair about the price of tires & mounting .

I plan on gettin tires,too...mine are quite old. at least at Franks you can get free candy,lol. USED to be, at nat'l rally, tire guys would run deals...but that's goin back some years.

Back