• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1972 75/5 Bmw

geez, and i thought i had accomplished a lot on my /5 by cleaning/degreasing it and removing some horrific brush applied flat black paint touch ups on the frame. Phil, you can sure give a guy an inferiority complex!

Phil. Here's my R60/5 with the Reynolds Backrest.

Attachments

• 100_0207.JPG
    100_0207.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 273
bigfoot105 said:
Phil. Here's my R60/5 with the Reynolds Backrest.

Bigfoot...Nice R60/5...Clean bike.. Everything looks in order from the fork gators to the pin striping.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have this eBay seller listed as a favorite seller of mine, Altetile2003

I have been able to locate hard to find parts through him. Like the chrome turn signals and some rubber parts and it's all NIB (new in Box) stuff too. He also has the backrest that you are interested in.

You probably can find the same things at Bob's BMW but, I like buying on eBay. The only down side for me though is, he's located in Germany (talk about original parts) :clap

As far as the turn signals go, my local dealer could only get the flat black type /6 or /7 styles.

Hope this helps.

I just purchased saddlebags from Bobs BMW...They seem like nice folks.. Bigfoot you do have a nice bike...I have always liked the look of the toaster tank...Are those Mikuni carbs?

phil said:
Bigfoot...Nice R60/5...Clean bike.. Everything looks in order from the fork gators to the pin striping.

As far as the reflectors go, Your wife is probably right. When I got this R60 it had Vetter fairing and Krauser Bags w/ a luggage rack (4 sale BTW cheap). So I'm not sure if the reflectors were removed or not to install the bag mounts.

Todays work...Carbs were very dirty...But cleaned up nice

Attachments

• PHIL755REF 069.jpg
    PHIL755REF 069.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 226
Starter cover,air box cover and front cover cleaned

Attachments

• PHIL755REF 070.jpg
    PHIL755REF 070.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 247
Rear tail light and fender on..The paint came out great..

Attachments

• PHIL755REF 072.jpg
    PHIL755REF 072.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 234
This guy does great work..He emails me pictures daily and progress reports..Should I not post anymore pics? Is this getting old? Let me know please I will stop.. I was going to continue until finished..

Attachments

• PHIL755REF 073.jpg
    PHIL755REF 073.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 233
Back