• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pics of the Rally Site!

The information so far has been great. I am certain there will be more as registrations come in.

I will not be able to attend this year because I will be in Asheville for a family wedding. No need to send me a map of the site but if you do I will forward it on to unregistered (his mailing information is perfectly clear)

Enjoy the rally.
:lurk

Greetings,

Our media team is working on taking content from the recenlty completed Rally Program and posting it on the web.

Earlier today Vince was kind enough to send me this image from the rally program.

73637529-L.jpg

This image is way out of scale but should give you a pretty good idea of where things will be located. There is camping pretty much everywhere you see green (the brown is also out of scale and represents too much actual space) except for the ADSIT mall which will be used for picnic tables and a common gathering area. The green square to the left of the Mall is full of food vendors who are there on a permanent basis.

Ambassador Jeff Dean also posted a very good overhead image from Google.

In this photo you can get a bettter idea of the actual space we have to work with. If you want to be close I suggest being over to the right between the beer garden and the BMW truck. This will be peg to peg loud party camping.

Comparing the image above to the overhead below, the area marked "Blueberry Hill" is the clump of trees to the right over the "champlain valley expo" text. Blueberry Hill is a hill and does not have much flat space for tents however you are welcome to check it out.

The area just above this in the overhead is being used as parking. For our event it will be camping. The parking on dirt off the upper left corner of the stage will be vendor parking and the parking on the gravel will be for four wheelers and day parking.

To the upper right is the RV area which will have just about as many rigs as you see in the picture. Just to the northwest of the RV's is an area of shaded wooded campsites that are primitive. There is a four shower trailer close by but you need to bring some quarters to make the shower work.

The indentation in the woods to the left of the RV's includes a signifigant drop in elevation. I recall seeing it refered to as "drainage" on a map and I have seen it looking very soupy.

The area to the upper left has a gradual elevation change (rises) with plenty of nice flat grassy spots for tents. There are a few intendations into the woods as you make your way out to Rt. 2a. If would be a good walk from here to the showers.

For most rides the Rt 2a exit is the best. It will be two way but you will only be able to get in with a wristband. It will be closed at night.

Just about everywhere you see a rest room symbol there is a two to four stall shower. There are lots of showers however they are not centrally located. There will be 8 mens showers in the restooms located off the hallway between the Blue Ribbon Pavalion and the Miller Expo building.

We have also rented a shower trailer which is marked on the map.

73637537-L.jpg

This and more will be posted on the rally pages shortly.

Best,

Posted by Unregistered

Why are Unregistered Users/Guest allowed to post on this site. They are always A@@holes about everything... as you can see below

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Send out a simple schematic indicating the location of loud, quiet, 'bago, and shaded (if any) areas. Show locations of showers and heads. This is simple. I don't need any more balloon shots from someone playing with his new digital toy. Just do it. We know what to bring.

I don't think we need to worry about him finding a spot anymore. :violin

There will be always someone else to take the good spots early. :stick

By the time I get there I'm just hoping I'm not camping in the Port-o-Let. Hehehehe :bolt

Here's what I can tell you about this photo

The picture was taken about noon but still in the AM (not this past year but within five years). It's summer maybe around June or early July. There is a Fair going on with a sizable contengent of daily folks. Most of the Fair organizers are camping far off to the Northeast, and there are not that many other over night guests. It's not related to Horses, Monter Trucks or a Rodeo (If you have those things up there? And it is certainly not raining today.

As far as usable Drop Zone space you could proably put a Battalion from the 82nd in there along the North to South (or South to North axis), or a company at a time from east to west or the reverse.

As far as moisture would go the darker the green spots the lower the elevation hence the more likely of flooding. The Brown area's would be drier but if it doesn't rain, they will be hotter too.

Below in the picture (I hope) you would find my picks for where to pitch a tent based on #1 Comfort and Quiet, #2 Morning Sun and Cooler evenings and #3 Location Location Location, that's down town and you wont have to walk to far to be right in the middle of everything.

I think I'd stay at #3, and just hope the ear plugs work at night.

Attachments

• Champlain Valley Expo (2).jpg
    Champlain Valley Expo (2).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 157
FYI.

1 is a hill with very little flat space.

2 Is outside of the security zone, however if you really want to camp there you could. You would end up walking quite far to get to anything. :bolt

3 Is pretty much exactly where the beer garden will be. :bottle

The reason unregistered users are allowed to post here in the Rally Forum is to try and entice more people to join. Also some people might not be members of the MOA and might want to attend a rally before joining and see if we are worth getting to know. So let's try to be cordial.

The map is now posted on the main website for anyone still having questions.

Also the moderators do keep an eye on these posts and have banned IP addresses to keep stuff clean.

Like I said #3 is the place to stay, who need a campsite when you've got a tent!

I've never ever in my life been there, and hard to see fences from outter space. Hehehe

tvguylv said:
Why are Unregistered Users/Guest allowed to post on this site. They are always A@@holes about everything... as you can see below

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Send out a simple schematic indicating the location of loud, quiet, 'bago, and shaded (if any) areas. Show locations of showers and heads. This is simple. I don't need any more balloon shots from someone playing with his new digital toy. Just do it. We know what to bring.

Unregistered=no accountability. I found the reply pretty appalling, too.

Cordiality? SEVERAL members went to the trouble to attempt to provide the unregistered poster with requested information,
and the retort they got was not cordial.

Whatever happened to good quality ground level photo's?

I certainly remember ground level photo's being available at several past events. The Aerial photo is good stuff, but kind of like looking through a telescope! Can't tell much about the place, from this perspective. I walk around my rallies, not stare down on them.. I just wished for some good, down to earth shots of this place, just like we've had here from previous National Rallies. So? I started this posting and so many have responded, so thanks, but my question goes unanswered for something we've had in the past. I "appreciate" all who work soooo hard at these events, but please just follow some guidelines we've used in years past! Photo's are not rocket science and should have been here weeks ago, imo. I still think the overhead shot is cool(Thanks Mr.Dean), but just not what I/we expected. Can we get ground shots posted here or not??? happy Trails, Randy13233 :)

Randy, I'm also surprised there have not been any ground level photos. I'll go over there tomorrow morning and see if I can get in and take a few for you.

And I thought I was going to have a good time!

Let's have some fun and enjoy the experience.

To those who are organizing, volunteering I say Thank You.

We, my wife and I, will volunteer when we get down there.

The countdown has begun...

We're having fun, I hope!

Thanks to the local guy stepping up here; Mr.Paul! I've attended so many rallies over the years and still enjoy, very much the experience. We will have a hoot, as usual, I'm sure. After all, I'm riding all the way from CA and Vermont is about as far as one can ride inside these borders. See yawl thar, from my Virginny roots! Hillbilly born and wander'in around a lot....Randy13233 Happy Trails :dance

photos too big

Well I have some Expo pics but the site says they are too big. Soon as I can figure out how to reduce them I'll post them. :cry

how to attach images?

Does this site only allow one image to be posted at a time or is it me?

If anyone knows how to attach multiple images so I can post some pics of the rally site let me know or i'll email them to you so you can post them!

To put multiple images up, you need to have a photo hosting site. You can use smugmug (pay site) or one of the free ones like flicker.

Back