• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bright Ideas For BMWMOA

Wanna hear my ideas?

• Oh yeah! Buzzez, what are these ideas you have? Please tell us.

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Get lost you knucklehead. We don't take to kindly to your type around here.

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
KBasa said:
Where's your cool avatar, mang?

Actually, my gf likes this one better. :huh I haven't been able to get my 'cool' one to work here. :cry

M1ka said:
Attributed to many, I will attribute the quote to P.T.Barnum: ÔÇÿNo one ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American public.ÔÇÖ

Must work for intelligence also.

Sometimes :p

selil said:
To heck with ideas. I presented a good idea in detail, and only one person even tried another positive spin. The rest just made fun of it but had no better suggestion.

Hence why you have not real content generation and people with 38 posts.

We're still a bit away from an RSS feed at this point. I like your idea, though.

Burnszilla works for a company call Topix that generates feeds sort of like that.

username said:
the blog is the round bank of the 00's...

auto-generating threads? dont we already have a script that automatically generates the following threads every month or so?

- "i didnt get my ON yet!"
- "can i use non-BMW oil?"
- "where is the 2010 rally?"
- "i got my ON!"
- "the new bikes are ugly!"
- "the new bikes are gorgeous"
- "motorists are dopey!"
- "can anyone recommend a good anti-fogging solution?"
- "what tires should i get?"

:D

So, When is the 2010 Rally?

username said:
the blog is the round bank of the 00's...

auto-generating threads? dont we already have a script that automatically generates the following threads every month or so?

- "i didnt get my ON yet!"
- "can i use non-BMW oil?"
- "where is the 2010 rally?"
- "i got my ON!"
- "the new bikes are ugly!"
- "the new bikes are gorgeous"
- "motorists are dopey!"
- "can anyone recommend a good anti-fogging solution?"
- "what tires should i get?"

:D

LOL Too funny because it is so true. :banghead

Burnszilla said:
This one's for knary...

How about a DYNAMIC link on the MOA front page that says: Today's Forums Hot Topic: Lifting your Motorcycle

Dynamic means the link changes every 15 minutes or so to show the latest or most active post. Then you can drive traffic from the front page to the Forum.

:thumb

dunno if y'all have been following this, but there is quite a number of happenings involving the integration of newreaders and browsers.

the latest Firefox has a thing called Live Bookmarks, Safari on the Mac lets you tune RSS feeds, Microsloth has some interesting things vis-a-vis widgets/gadgets and xML streams....

it'd be cool to stream the forum posts.

ian

With all due respect to Buz and username, my stupid idea is sort of a combination of theirs sort of. If you guys would allow people to post actual reviews of products and gear and how-to articles on maintenance related tasks that would be graate.

Instead of having the ever present "which gloves to buy?" threads and their typically repetitive ad-hoc answers, opinions and advice, the member/forum user has a bonafide resource with which to help formulate his/her opinion. Perhaps with this we could have a more concise, organized and easier to navigate forum that will be more enjoyable for everyone. Naturally, the "news, views, reviews and how-to's" section would be set to *view only* to keep the double posts and five hundred comments from wasting the readers time.

Thanks,

p.s. I guess that's "read-only" for the reviews and how-to's and I forgot the "clues and tatoos," they along with the news and views would be fair game. Thanks again. Ramble & Ruse? somebody stop me.....lol

Last edited:
Back