• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going South

R

RAUB60

I'm leaving next week for NC. from Detroit. Looking for a nice Route. I'm in no hurry. Any ideas? :bikes

Last edited:
Hwy. 421 through KY all the way to Boone NC is a good ride.
Hwy. 27 through KY to Sweetwater Tenn then Hwy. 68 to Hwy 411 north to Hwy 129 and over the Dragon. You can always stay on Hwy 68 into Georgia and stay at Two Wheels Only camp ground for a night then on to NC on some good roads.

raub60 said:
I'm leaving next week for NC. from Detroit. Looking for a nice Route. I'm in no hurry. Any ideas? :bikes

If you have a week or so and really are in no hurry, I'd suggest picking up US-250 around Sandusky, Ohio. It slowly gets curvier and curvier as it heads SE.

Take that to Staunton VA, and get on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Take that to Cherokee NC (watch for big detour near south end).

Poof! You're in Deals Gap area, and have had great riding the whole way.

Did the same trip 2 weeks ago with my 11 y/o son. If really curious, PM me or email me and I can email you a day-by-day log of it. Check out my other thread on BRP photos in this forum for pics.

Doug Grosjean

PS - I highly reccomend the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest near Deals Gap for some incredible trees. Virgin timber, never logged, very tall and wide.

Back