• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2009 R1200RT front heated seat plug

rocketmanli

Chromehead
How do I remove this plug? Gotta make some wiring repairs. Won’t slide up or down and not sure how to spread out the clip it slides into. This is the end that's mounted on the frame. You can see a similar unused clip above the plug. Thanks!
123.jpeg

Trying to remove it from its holder on the frame or- trying to separate the male/female connection? In either case, maybe a look on the parts diagram will show the release tab and whether it lifts, pushes in or a shim is slid in to make the release.
OM

Male-female connections from both ends (seat end and main harness end) have already been removed. Trying to remove it from the holder on frame for a repair or replacement.

Got it all sorted. Front heated seat harness was removed, repaired and re-installed today. There is a release pin that once released allows the socket to slide "down" the clip mount, but the release pin is on the bottom so I couldn't see it. I removed one of the front seat rear mounts so my fingers would fit in there, one zip tie, the bracket that holds both the front and rear heated seat harness clips, and just one screw on top of some of the plastics which gave me enough room to remove the mounting bracket so I could flip it over and see how things got released. Not a bad job once you know where things are and how they work.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.JPG

Back