• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can I connect a BT Headset to the BMW Audio system?

skibumwi

Hi,

I've tried pairing a BT Headset as "Helmet 2" on the BMW audio system but the system keeps telling me that pairing is UNSUCCSESFUL.

The system pairs with my SC2 just fine but I'd like to use some earphones to provide some sound isolation so I can hear my music without blasting it at full volume. I can use my phone connect to the BT headset but then I lose all wonderwheel functionality.

Any ideas?

Ski

Hi,

I've tried pairing a BT Headset as "Helmet 2" ...

The system pairs with my SC2 just fine...

Ski

You can only pair to Helmet 1; there is no way to pair anything as "Helmet 2". I've tried every way possible. BMW had their own proprietary helmets/headset/intercom system. These helmets could be paired as Helmet 1 and Helmet 2.

My understanding is the rider headset has to be a BMW head set for the second one to link up and the second headset can be from any aftermarket, but I won't bet on it.

When I bought my 2018 RT I could not wear the Schuberth helmet. It was so uncomfortable it was painful! And at the BMW communicator only fit the Schuberth.

I bought Cardo Palktalk headsets and the rider's would link but no the passenger. I wanted headsets, plus I wanted to link to the BMW audio. I found a speaker line in, low level out put adapter and a two channel Bluetooth transmitter on Amazon, (surprisingly inexpensive!), and wired them into the speaker leads and the Powerlet accessory power circuit. I have been running that setup since 2019. About the same time I helped a buddy wire up his K1600 with the same setup. I would do it again without question.

My understanding is the rider headset has to be a BMW head set for the second one to link up and the second headset can be from any aftermarket, but I won't bet on it...

I bought Cardo Palktalk headsets and the rider's would link but no the passenger.

I have also had Cardo headsets, and both Schuberth SC1 and SC2 systems. You may be correct that Helmet 1 must be the BMW headset. Otherwise, I have not successfully paired anything to Helmet 2. Going to review the Audio System Manual, try to decipher any possible solutions for the OP.

Back