• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fargo Rally 2025

EUGENE

Will Fargo be in 2025? It is in the central district for the rally schedule.:heart We all got to get behind Paul for this.

Fargo! Red River Valley Fairgrounds! Lotsa building for vendors and presentations, a bona fide performance stage, huge parking lots for rider training, and a dirt track and infield for GS events and training. Oodles of motel rooms in Fargo and West Fargo. What more could you ask for?? Let the lobbying begin!

Best,
DeVern

When I ran away from home with my motorcycles during the summer of 2020, I actually stopped in here to check it out.

It's pretty rough, but I have to say that Fargo was way different from what I was expecting. Microsoft has a very large operation there (gained via acquisition of Great Plains Software some years ago). I was impressed.

Ian

Drekker Brewing in Fargo comes highly recommended from a beer aficionado friend who was just there to run a race. That’s good enough for me. Fargo 2025!

Doug

And there has never been a National in North Dakota, closed was Rapid City, SD so maybe we owe ND a shot? Just sayin.

Fargo

There are some places. like the Carlsbad Caverns that you must go out of your way to see. { Carhenge in Neb. is another} The Theodore Roosevelt National Park in ND is another. I never knew it existed until I got close one year. Geologically an extension of the SD badlands, but more beautiful IMO. Not to be missed, but bring a lot of water.

MADDOG hopefully a Beer Garden Chair again someday :drink

There are some places. like the Carlsbad Caverns that you must go out of your way to see. { Carhenge in Neb. is another} The Theodore Roosevelt National Park in ND is another. I never knew it existed until I got close one year. Geologically an extension of the SD badlands, but more beautiful IMO. Not to be missed, but bring a lot of water.

MADDOG hopefully a Beer Garden Chair again someday :drink

On the same trip I mentioned above, I spent a week in the area of Teddy Roosevelt National Park. Highly recommended, as is the “show” in Medora. Really great riding, especially of the dirt-road type.

There are some nice moto-friendly motels in town, lots of excellent camping.

Jim, don’t hold your breath on the beer, I think that is in the past. It would be so cool if somehow we could recreate our biergarten vibe without all the financial stuff, and legalities. :(

On the same trip I mentioned above, I spent a week in the area of Teddy Roosevelt National Park. Highly recommended, as is the “show” in Medora. Really great riding, especially of the dirt-road type.

There are some nice moto-friendly motels in town, lots of excellent camping.

Jim, don’t hold your breath on the beer, I think that is in the past. It would be so cool if somehow we could recreate our biergarten vibe without all the financial stuff, and legalities. :(

Big ditto on Teddy Roosevelt NP !! My wife who is a big National Park fan and hiker turned me on to Teddy R. NP a few years back. It was a great experience and my first encounter with prairie dogs. Oh my ... love them! And what you said about Medora is very true. They had a street dance the night we were there and was a blast. So looks like some good support for Fargo! (are you listening Paul :D )

Big ditto on Teddy Roosevelt NP !! My wife who is a big National Park fan and hiker turned me on to Teddy R. NP a few years back. It was a great experience and my first encounter with prairie dogs. Oh my ... love them! And what you said about Medora is very true. They had a street dance the night we were there and was a blast. So looks like some good support for Fargo! (are you listening Paul :D )

Medora was one of the many overnight meetup stops in the MOA Posse.

From Medora, and taking in Lolo Pass, it's a 2-day ride to Redmond.

IMG_2748-X4.jpg

IMG_2713-X4.jpg

IMG_2669-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I have been to Fargo in the winter.
I am willing to give summer a chance.
If the chipper ride is available, maybe I can talk my wife into coming too. :whistle

Since Medora has been mentioned, I have to add a photo of the quaint little town. Everyone should stop there at least once and take in the pitchfork fondue (deep fried steaks) and the Medora Musical. There are tons of incredible dual sport riding roads in the area also. It would be a great stop for anyone traveling through ND.

i-GxftNJ6-X5.jpg

Ok, back to the thread topic, I'd be up for Fargo for sure. Or repeats for Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Spokane, Gillette, Rapid City...

But yeah, Fargo would work. :thumb

Back