• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helite Vest Size Chart vs Actual

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
I know there's a couple threads regarding Helite vests. Rather than to respond to one, I thought it best to just post a new one, since my question is about size. For those who have a Helite vest, how does the online size chart compare to reality? See chart near bottom of this page https://helitemoto.com/helite-e-turtle-2-airbag-vest-hivis-electronic-trigger/ . If I measure myself with my jacket on, and I would need the largest vest, which seems odd since I'm 6' and about 200lbs.

Last edited:
I believe the sizing is intended to be measured without a jacket, as you would a typical garment.

I too have been looking at various airbag vests, the E-turtle being one, and find I tend to fall mid range in the sizing between M and L and as such am unsure which way to go. I've not found any local stock to try the fit and hesitate to order online and get it wrong.

5'10", I wear a large turtle 2 vest. It's made to be worn over a jacket, not under it. Call them like I did with that same question on size. They suggested a large, it was the right choice.

I talked to them also and was between the height chart, so they suggested the larger. They got it right.

When I got my e-vest I sent them some pics on the bike they verified that I chose the right size. They answered within 24 hours. Excellent customer service.

Back