• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Shoei RF1200

RPGR90s

I've had this helmet for a couple years (size XL) and its been excellent. There is one issue that I would like to address if possible.

After about an hour or two, my temples start to hurt due to the sunglass temples pressing on my temples. I seem to recall that some of the inner parts of the helmet are replaceable, so was wondering what should be replaced/re-sized?

I've sent emails to Revzilla (where I purchased) with no replies. Their LiveChat never seems to connect either. And contacting Shoei, has instructions about talking to a dealer for any parts questions. :(

Looking at my helmet manual, it says the XL comes with the Center Pad size XL9. If the L helmet comes with the L9, would that be the next smaller size and maybe a looser fit around the temples?

Thanks very much!

You do NOT want to make the helmet less effective by causing an improper fit.

Make sure the helmet fits correctly, then find a pair of sunglasses that don't cause pain during extended wear.

I use cheap-o safety glasses... cost less than $5, have a very thin arms so I can wear them ALL day in comfort, can be purchsed at almost any hardware or automotive store if they get scratched/broken/lost.

CheapSafetyGlasses.jpg

Time for a new helmet, the RF1200 is an older generation.

If you have pressure points at the temples you might need a different shape. The 1200 is a long oval I think, you might need a intermediate oval instead which will give more temple room. Arai makes intermediate ovals. I would suggest finding a local shop and trying several different helmet shapes to see what fits the best with no hot spots. It really makes a difference.

The aria page talks about shape a ways down.

https://www.araiamericas.com/technology

Back