• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I did a loop

mhines

I saw/heard somewhere recently that Mother's Day is the lowest traffic day of the year on US roads? [OK, so it was Dennis Collins and Richard Rawlings talking about their Cannonball exploits.]

While my experience was not necessarily conclusive, and of course the temps dropped back into the 40s-50s, Sunday was indeed a nice day to ride. As the r1100s is back fresh from the BIG service [broken in half to replace a leaky main seal and service the clutch/final drive etc.], the calendar was bare and my appetite was... substantive, I decided to air it out a bit and do a one day "over the top" route from Boston over Lake Champlain [50 yards from Canada] and back. NH was cold in the am, VT/Mt. Mansfield was glorious and verdant midday, and the Western shores of three Lakes [Champlain, Schroon and George, among others], straddling the Eastern side of Adirondack Park, made for a spectacular charge toward the golden hours retracing steps from NY state back to MA.

Anyway, over 675mi is my second longest [95%-ish] backroads loop for one day.

Is anyone else sitting at work wishing they were back out there rn? Where else did people celebrate Mother's Day? :blush [I spoke to my mom while strafing 9w, thanks Cardo!]

I like riding.

Attachments

• nh.r1100s.05.23.jpg
    nh.r1100s.05.23.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 153
  • r1100s.concord.05.23.jpg
    r1100s.concord.05.23.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 153
  • nh.capitol.05.23.jpg
    nh.capitol.05.23.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 151
  • nh.covered.bridge.05.23.jpg
    nh.covered.bridge.05.23.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Woodstock.VT.cafe.05.23.jpg
    Woodstock.VT.cafe.05.23.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 152
  • VT.breakfast.05.23jpg.jpg
    VT.breakfast.05.23jpg.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 147
  • VT.capitol.05.23.jpg
    VT.capitol.05.23.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 151
  • green.mtns.spring.05.23.jpg
    green.mtns.spring.05.23.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 153
  • mt.mansfield.notch.05.23.jpg
    mt.mansfield.notch.05.23.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 154
  • rouses.py.ny.05.23.jpg
    rouses.py.ny.05.23.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 150
  • lake.champlain.05.23.jpg
    lake.champlain.05.23.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 149
  • blue.sky.hi.05.23.jpg
    blue.sky.hi.05.23.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 150
  • golden.granville.ny.05.23.jpg
    golden.granville.ny.05.23.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Big.Lake.Loop.05.23.PNG
    Big.Lake.Loop.05.23.PNG
    526.4 KB · Views: 153
Nice ride. In 2016 we spent a few weeks riding New England states and loved it. I remember that golden dome visit during that trip. Beautiful country up that way.

Nice report and chosen ride… Go S’s!
I can do some miles on our 11S, however that’s more than I have tried as my can do catches up with my want to on that model. Hats off to you! :thumb

Thanks for the ride report.
Can you post a link to your Rever route?

Last edited:
Thanks for the ride report.
Can you post a link to your Rever route?

Thar she blows Lee:
https://go.rever.co/L5rNtc3E0zb

And thanks Henzilla, between the Sargent seat, some cycling shorts and a decent amount of elliptical work etc. the longer rides have gotten easier, and notably also adding the Cardo Packtalk to take a few calls and put on some tunes when my mind starts to fold in on itself from isolation/self-analysis.

But mostly I'm obsessed and I also bite off a lot on the way out and realize somewhere [in this case at 3pm when only just getting over the top of Lake Champlain] that whoa.. I kind of sent it here and it's going to be a late night/long ride home. Honestly it *is* the mental part that can get most challenging as left to my thoughts, after 11-12 hours I start to pull things apart a bit much. But as I said, finally adding the headset and understanding that I can do some audio stuff while maintaining enough hearing to monitor the surroundings etc. seems to help a lot.

Just some blissful blips around town this weekend. Plotting multi-days to Watkins Glen, Western PA and PEI. We shall see!

Thanks, that let me zoom in to see what roads you took.

Happy to fill many hours chatting about favorite routes across VT and NY in particular [my favorite areas these days].

If you're heading out this way, lmk, more than happy to connect!

Happy to fill many hours chatting about favorite routes across VT and NY in particular [my favorite areas these days].

If you're heading out this way, lmk, more than happy to connect!

We like riding in that area. Lived a couple years in Woodsville NH as a kid and we have made quite a few motorcycle trips back to that area and northern NY.

Back