• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'93 K75RT windscreen height?

jawjaboy

Just bought a 93 K75RT from a BMW dealership in Minnesota. I'm in Georgia. The shipping company HaulBikes has a height limit of 58". Anything over such as antenna, windshield, etc. must be removed.

What's the height of the standard K75RT windshield when the bike is upright? This is the non electric model and it might not be stock either.

Specs say 45.5" on one site and 57.5" on another.

My guesstimate using the front wheel as an 18" reference in the dealer listing photo, it looks really close to the 57.5" spec and too close to the 58" limit.

Other than that small quandary i can't wait to get it.

21fcdba6c9e4d0c73282eb771564db5c.jpg

2315155807d03442f3e7eeaca6078d28.jpg

f2f6b071349ef0dba27d4cd9b552bca4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What's the height of the standard K75RT windshield when the bike is upright? This is the non electric model and it might not be stock either.

Can the dealer tell you if the shield is OEM? Is it a BMW dealer?

The dealer that you purchased the bike from should be able to measure any dimension that you need for shipping purposes and it would be on YOUR bike, taking into account any slight differences in ride height due to any aftermarket changes that might have been made to the bike by previous owners.

:dance:dance:dance

Heard from my sales guy. It's over 58". So looking at an alternative shipper as well as a plan to get it under 58" for HaulBike if I go that route.

Why not just remove the windshield for shipment? Removing and installing isn’t rocket surgery, and then you wouldn’t be worried about meeting the max limit. If necessary, just have the dealer box it up an ship it to you separate. Heck, he just sold you a bike. Best wishes on your solution. Enjoy it! Ride easy.

What I suggested. remove it, wrap it, and duc-tape (wrapped around) it to the seat.

But that's a better idea to have them ship it to me.

Last edited:
Good on you! Were the photos you included in your first post of the actual bike? If so, very nice.

Got a call from the shipper. Bike was picked up this afternoon and is on the way. Should have it in a couple days. [emoji50][emoji23]

Got a call from the shipper. Bike was picked up this afternoon and is on the way. Should have it in a couple days. [emoji50][emoji23]

That's fast. Maybe vehicle transport companies are getting back to normal.

Well I might have known. Spoke too soon and in my gut knew it was too good to be true. Bike is delayed. I "might" get it sometime next week. [emoji22]