• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Michelin Pilot Road 6 GT lifespan

I've got 10K miles on a set of these tires with great results. I'm curious about the lifespan of this particular tire. Seems like 10K should be nearing the end of the life cycle right?

I've got these tires on a 2013 RT. Sounds like I am way north of what other riders are getting. Guess it's time for new shoes.

I've got these tires on a 2013 RT. Sounds like I am way north of what other riders are getting. Guess it's time for new shoes.

As was asked, what's the remaining 32's on the tires?

I won't ride on tread less than 3/32's. On the 11RT, the Dunlop RS4's are at 5500. They started life at 8/32 and are now at 5/32's. The front started at 5/32 and is now at 4/32. I'll get another 4K miles on both. They won't get worn more than another 1/32 before they are replaced for this summers trip.

The 16RS wears the same shoes, has about the same mileage on them as the RT and have the same remaining 32's.

The RT will get new shoes for the summer trip mid June. I'll put 5K on them in 3 1/2 weeks of traveling through 5 western states. The ocd has me checking the tread depths about every 1K miles. I like to know how they are wearing, giving me some indication of remaining miles left.

eating into the indicator bars

I think the tire wear indicators are at 1/32" I like to change when I'm down to 2/32" but often change sooner for a trips.
Sounds like you got great wear out of your tires. We all ride differently so it's hard to ask on a forum how long a tire will last.
A week or two ago henzilla changed our back tires in Texas. Dunlop Road Smart 3.
I had a little over 9,000 miles and my wife had a little under 9,000 miles.
Here's what they looked like. I wiped them off with a wet rag so the tread would show better.

8,900 miles Deb.jpg

9,030 miles Lee.jpg

Back