• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TFT default radio volume R1250RT '23

I have to add a note about the Schuberth SC2, the volume won't turn up load enough at speed. The Sena 50S had a software update that has Audio Boost. Sorry to rant but I'm not happy with Schuberth slow response to this issue, the software update in the Sena 50S has been out since September 2022. At this time I won't buy the SC2 again.
I have no issue with the SC2 volume levels. Make sure the phone's media volume is set to max as well.

My biggest complaint with the SC2 is the battery life of the remote/control unit, beacsue

- It doesn't turn off with the main unit, so I forget and leave it on all the time and kills the battery
- That battery only last 5-8 hours max anyways, and I have to carry a supply of replacements

It shouldn't have been too hard to run a power/control lead from the main unit instead of the control being wireless and powered by a standard watch battery.

- That battery only last 5-8 hours max anyways, and I have to carry a supply of replacements

Wow, that's really short.
We have the SC1 and on trips I only have to charge the helmets every other day.

Will the intercom work after the remote dies?

I have no issue with the SC2 volume levels. Make sure the phone's media volume is set to max as well.

My biggest complaint with the SC2 is the battery life of the remote/control unit, beacsue

- It doesn't turn off with the main unit, so I forget and leave it on all the time and kills the battery

It shouldn't have been too hard to run a power/control lead from the main unit instead of the control being wireless and powered by a standard watch battery.

Thanks Irtax, I do have my phone volume at max still not loud enough at speed. I ride with foam ear plugs. Funny I don't have a problem with battery life, it always make it through the day but I'm not using it to communicate since I have the volume issue. I can hear the XM radio but just needs more volume. If I remember correctly the Mesh uses less battery then Bluetooth but you may want to check me on that. I understand Mesh is the only way to go, much better then Bluetooth.

It was a nice fix when they added the WonderWheel, it only took 8 months from the release for the Sena 50 units to get into the SC2.

I have a fix for the volume issue I've been having with the C5 Schuberth SC2. The helmet speakers just aren't loud enough at speed, Sena makes a earbud adapter, it allows you to plug in 3.5 mm earbuds (I have a custom pair I used with my Sena 20s EVO). Sena part #10R-A0101 . The volume goes way up, not sure why I didn't hear better with the helmet speakers, they seem to be in a good location over my ears (I ride with foam ear plugs). 3.5 earbud plug.jpg

Back