• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member and Question

dpgeisser

Hi my name is Dennis Geisser and I have been a member on and off since 1979 when I bought my R65 which I am looking for a side stand which is not available. Any suggestions or recommendations on a replacement? I also have a 2010 R1200RT.

TIA, Dennis

Welcome back, Dennis! Which side stand do you find not available? OEM? Maybe it's from Motobins called the Surefoot. Something to consider...maybe it can be found on fleabay, etc. You might read through what Snowbum has to say on this site. I'm not familiar with the models everything goes with as the R65 has some differences from it's bigger brother. But some of the ones here I'm sure would suitable:

https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/FarleyBrownSurefoot.htm

I am looking for a side stand which is not available.

Are there no used motorcycle parts shops that might have one? Some others here might know.

The last time I had my 1980 R65 was in 2004 and I can't remember if the sidestand was painted or plated. But I did see my first 9 years of the Alps on one. A bit underpowered for a guy my size that easily flat foots a GS. That tells you, its not about the bike but what you experience.

Do you have a pic of it?

Back