• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Quail Motorcycle Gathering?

That sounds like a great event. But, any venue that charges a price + Fees is a rip-off joint as far as I'm concerned. If they are afraid to disclose the real cost then I don't want to subsidize their business.

That sounds like a great event. But, any venue that charges a price + Fees is a rip-off joint as far as I'm concerned. If they are afraid to disclose the real cost then I don't want to subsidize their business.

Tickets are $60 over on the tickets page. Not sure where you see any kind of weirdness; the prices are all listed out. $20 for kids.

I've seen bikes and people there I never thought I would. I heard a big multi two stroke one time, turned around and there's Kenny Roberts riding that TZ750 flat tracker he rode once, came into the pits and said, "You don't pay me enough to ride that thing". And there he was.

I've seen Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, had a great conversation with Mert Lawwill, Reg Pridmore and others.

I've been to the Pebble Beach car show (also AMAZING) and this is a lot like that show. High quality and interesting bikes presented in a spectacular location.

I'm not seeing the rip-off part, but I'd expect you're not coming from Alpine to attend a one day show, either.

The prices I see are "Young Adult Admission Only $20 + Fees" and "Admission Only $60 + Fees". I don't know how much the + Fees are however.

The prices I see are "Young Adult Admission Only $20 + Fees" and "Admission Only $60 + Fees". I don't know how much the + Fees are however.

If memory serves, it was a couple bucks for the ticketing service when I've gone previously. This is probably my tenth time going.

And thanks.

If you put a ticket in the cart and go as far as checkout you’ll see a fee of $5.50.

Best,
DeVern

I'd kill to go to that show... I can never work it into the schedule.

You'd love it, man. The bikes are astonishing and the folks just walking around are folks I've been reading about and watching for years.

I was gonna go on the Quail Ride, which happens on Friday, but they want like $1000 for both of us to attend, have the lunch and a couple dinners, so we took a pass this time. Bring A Trailer is having a reunion meeting there with folks that have purchased bikes off of BAT, so that might be interesting to see.

I went one year and Keanu Reeves was there at the Arch table. I sent Tina a picture and now, she's way more willing to get up early and head down to Monterey with me. :ha

I went one year and Keanu Reeves was there at the Arch table. I sent Tina a picture and now, she's way more willing to get up early and head down to Monterey with me. :ha

We got *so close* to the opportunity to do the Arch website, but then way bigger guns at Keanu's agent got involved, and so did Sony. No joy.

I did see the BaT party thing, that site is on fire. Unfortunately, the prices being bid on that site have gone to plaid. I've been thinking of putting my original '67 Trail 90 for sale up there and finding out what someone might pay for it! :ha

We got *so close* to the opportunity to do the Arch website, but then way bigger guns at Keanu's agent got involved, and so did Sony. No joy.

I did see the BaT party thing, that site is on fire. Unfortunately, the prices being bid on that site have gone to plaid. I've been thinking of putting my original '67 Trail 90 for sale up there and finding out what someone might pay for it! :ha

Interested in a 916? Could be you and I think you'd look great on it!

How did you know my favorite Porsche? :heart

Well, they only made 11 of them, so good luck ever acquiring one. :ha

I was thinking of this one, actually, which stood the world on its ear in racing and altered Ducati's trajectory as a manufacturer. Could be you!

IMG_8703.jpg

Well, they only made 11 of them, so good luck ever acquiring one. :ha

I was thinking of this one, actually, which stood the world on its ear in racing and altered Ducati's trajectory as a manufacturer. Could be you!

Well, there’s this option—all you have to do is crack open the wallet and start bidding! :)

Best,
DeVern

If only I was a rich man with a track day addiction and a back as flexible as mine was a few years back. :ha

Back