Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TPM connector on F750GS

TPM connector on F750GS

Is this four red wire/other, under the seat connector, for TPM on a '22 F750GS? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOA #46783

Right2Repair
    I have seen post where the red wire with the blue stripe was used as a switched 12V source that works like the accessory port in that it switches off with the ignition after a short delay.

The wires look to be too large a gauge to be TPMS and I am pretty sure that I have read that the TPMS connector is further back.

Answering questions such as this used to be much easier when BMW made service information available.

Another good reason to support Right to Repair legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
    I have seen post where the red wire with the blue stripe was used as a switched 12V source that works like the accessory port in that it switches off with the ignition after a short delay.

The wires look to be too large a gauge to be TPMS and I am pretty sure that I have read that the TPMS connector is further back.

Answering questions such as this used to be much easier when BMW made service information available.

Another good reason to support Right to Repair legislation.
    Thank you for the response. I contacted Clearwater, they were no help during first two calls to them. Their model specific manual for adding their Darla lights is out dated. Mainly due to BMW no longer using a TPM/RDC control box. One end of CW’s CANopener still plugs into the BMW cable however the other end now hangs free. I contacted several BMW dealerships trying to locate the TPM most didn’t have a clue. Even had one tell me the gas tank needed to come off and another that I didn’t have TPM, even after I gave him my VIN number. BMW left the plug in rear under seat. It is plugged into an empty holder. A young sounding tech by the name of Zac called me from a dealership out West with the solution. He’d mounted lights on my model bike recently therefore had figured out the change. I’m with you on needing a manual…especially with the hit and miss dealership knowledge level.
    MOA #46783

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Thank you for the response. I contacted Clearwater, they were no help initially. Their model specific manual for adding their Darla lights is out dated. Mainly due to BMW no longer using a TPM/RDC control box. One end of CW’s CANopener still plugs into the BMW cable however the other end now hangs free. I contacted several BMW dealerships trying to locate the TPM most didn’t have a clue. Even had one tell me the gas tank needed to come off and another that I didn’t have TPM, even after I gave him my VIN run. BMW left the plug in rear under seat. It is plugged into an empty holder. A young sounding tech by the name of Zac called me from a dealership out West with the solution. He’d mounted lights on my model bike me recent therefore had figured out the change. I’m with you on needing a manual…especially with the hit and miss dealership knowledge level.
    Maybe post a picture of the connector?
    Glad you found success.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose". MI5
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Right2Repair
    In 2021 BMW switched from Schrader to LDL Technologies as the source for TPMS. As I understand it LDL also does the keyless ride feature and for those bikes with both it is a single module.

Increasingly I see signs that aftermarket vendors are facing challenges resulting from BMW's policy to withhold technical and service information.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Maybe post a picture of the connector?
    Glad you found success.
    OM
    Just in front of taillight housing. It is unplugged from its holder only location.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOA #46783

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motodan View Post
    Just in front of taillight housing. It is unplugged from its holder only location.
    Great!
    Posts like this really help the community.
    OM

"You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose". MI5
    Moderator Team.
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Right2Repair
    BTW if that is a CAN-bus connector the "holder" is also a terminating resistor. The twisted Hi and Lo pair is actually a transmission line that needs to "see" a certain impedance to avoid reflections and standing waves.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Right2Repair
    Are you planning on retrofitting TPMS?

In this case (in this picture) the “holder” is simply a black plastic “cup” held in place with a plastic tie. Bike is all back together with TPM display working fine as well as Clearwater lights. I wrote Clearwater asking them to update their F750/850GS manual so future customers won’t be looking for a control “box” or need to plug in both ends of their CANopener to be functional.
    MOA #46783

Motodan - How may contacts are in the plug in your first post?
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

Quote Originally Posted by kthutchinson View Post
    Motodan - How may contacts are in the plug in your first post?
    Believe there were four very thin contacts on CW Lights plug in most recent picture.
    MOA #46783

I was asking about the number of contacts (actually the number of available positions) in the plug in your first post, the plug under the seat.
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

Quote Originally Posted by kthutchinson View Post
    I was asking about the number of contacts (actually the number of available positions) in the plug in your first post, the plug under the seat.
    Not sure what you mean by positions. The large plug in first photo, when removed from holder, had two fuses plugged into its end, a 7.5 and a 10 amp.
    MOA #46783

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST