• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Near North Ontario reporting

A little slow on the uptake but on a quiet almost spring morning I'm just drinking coffee and dreaming. I've only been a member for about 6 months and finally getting around to communicating with other members.

My accountant talked me into buying his fully loaded 2020 GSA 1250 and I have thanked him since many times since I've only got one full season on it plus a partial. He is a good accountant and his unofficial business card is "1-800- justifications". He bought a cottage and didn't have time for all of his toys and sold me this for a great deal.

What a bike, after taking the motorad offroad course and the police motorcycle training course I now realize some of its potential plus my need for more riding is obvious.

We took a few trips into northern ontario, a trip to Cape Breton trail and the dragons tail plus lots of excellent local roads of different surface textures. I'm a bikepacking kind of guy so lots of camping experience, gotta admit it is a little more difficult to stealth camp with the GSA compared to a bicycle.

I also have a bicycle rack for it, talk about guys drooling when they see you on the GSA with a nice mtn bike arriving at the trails, the only downside is not having a beer after but "near beer" tastes pretty good. Hopefully I managed to upload of the bikes with my ****eating grin in the background. I was on my way to meet friends at the regular Thursday night ride.

The feedback from the forum has been great, looking forward to meeting people at the rallys.

Attachments

• 20220519_170136[1].jpg
    20220519_170136[1].jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 61
WOW! A beautiful GS to get to camping sites with a bike to explore the trails once you arrive. :thumb

Welcome to the Forum from London, Ontario!

:wave

Paul

I know which is why I have four GSes from a 1986 G/S PD to a 2016 GSA LC. ;) And you appreciate them the longer you own them.

Talk about luck, no snow where you are in North Ontario. We still have lots where I am in South Ontario. :scratch

This pic was from last fall, I just dug a trench at least 18" deep to get bike out of storage shed

Welcome to the MOA forum, Phil!

Your Good Fortune to have such an over-taxed accountant {That’s a Joke!}... :whistle

Good to know you’ve enhanced your toolkit with ADVanced ADV-training! Another sensible Investment! :thumb

It’s actually & Officially Spring here in north ‘merica! Our trees are leafing out and our dogwoods are now bloomin!

Your turn will come -- hope you’ll stop in at the 50th International MOA Rally in VA in June.
U really should try to stop by if’n you’re a BMW Rally Virgin... :dunno
https://rally.bmwmoa.org

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome philipyates12345! Was part of the purchase negotiation the ability to claim a deduction for the purchase price? Thanks for the pic.

Back