• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wheel brushing right rear Fender

aebermudez

Hi All,

Sorry about the incorrect tire spec. I mistook the front wheel tire I'd ordered previously for the back wheel. The back wheel tire is 4.00-18 Avon Am26 Roadrider. Its rubbing the fender on the shaft side. Is there a spacer I should have placed on the rear shaft drive to center the wheel/tire to the rear fender?

Regards,

Aldo

Last edited:
Hi All,

Need a bit of advise. I placed a 325-19 Bridgestone Battlax (Bt46 54h) on the rear of my '74 R75/6. Now (when my paniers are loaded and with passenger) when I hit a bump the wheel scrapes the right side of the fender. Is there a spacer I should have placed on my rear hub to better centre the tire....or do I just adjust the fender a 1cm/1/2 inch?

Regards,

Aldo

Something’s not right here. The rear tire on your 74 R75/6 should be an 18 inch tire, 4.00 x 18. I don’t know how you can get a 19 inch tire on the rear.

Welcome to the forum! As previously stated, sounds like you have the wrong tire in back which is making contact.

Hi All,

Need a bit of advise. I placed a 325-19 Bridgestone Battlax (Bt46 54h) on the rear of my '74 R75/6. Now (when my paniers are loaded and with passenger) when I hit a bump the wheel scrapes the right side of the fender. Is there a spacer I should have placed on my rear hub to better centre the tire....or do I just adjust the fender a 1cm/1/2 inch?

Regards,

Aldo

Would the original poster of the question care to clear up what this was? Just wondering…

Sag

Hey, depending upon the springs, the size of the rider and passenger, who knows what is going on? For sure if the tire is larger diameter, things could rub. St.

Hey, depending upon the springs, the size of the rider and passenger, who knows what is going on? For sure if the tire is larger diameter, things could rub. St.

I want to know where he found a 19 inch rear wheel. Or how a 19 inch tire fits on an 18 inch OEM rear wheel??

George Rahn the long time BMW dealer in Fairbanks, used to run 19" tires on the rear. Of course, he laced up a set of 19" rims to a standard rear hub. And he ran ribbed tires to boot.

George Rahn the long time BMW dealer in Fairbanks, used to run 19" tires on the rear. Of course, he laced up a set of 19" rims to a standard rear hub. And he ran ribbed tires to boot.

So maybe Also got one of George's old wheels.:scratch

The OP may have miss-typed his info, may have inserted his front tire size for what the rear actually is on the bike. I don't see a Bridgestone Battleax BT46 54H listed by Bridgstone as being a valid size for a rear tire in their line up, they are correct for front. If he did get a 19 rim laced up for the rear he still has a tire issue if it is a BT46 54H.

Further info

No further information at hand from person posting thread, I guess we will never know what is up. St.

Something’s not right here. The rear tire on your 74 R75/6 should be an 18 inch tire, 4.00 x 18. I don’t know how you can get a 19 inch tire on the rear.

Hi there m_stock10506,

You were correct, I mistook the front wheel tire I'd ordered previously for the back wheel. The back wheel tire is 4.00-18 Avon Am26 Roadrider. Its rubbing on the shaft side. Is tehre a spacer I should have placed on the rear shaft drive to center it to the rear fender?

Regards,

Riding in CDMX, Mex.

Back