• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1990 k75rt - left signal light does not work

BILL WALLACE

Hello
So far the mutlimeter tests indicate the ground connections are good contact.
I have checked out the electronics schematic and I think the left signal fault problem is either the signal flasher module in the relay box might have a connection problem or a faulty left signal switch.
Has anyone had this issue with the K75. I don't want to take things apart until i have some more information. That being said has anyone taken the left signal switch apart to clean the contacts as i don't want any parts flying out all over the place.
Any suggestions on possible faults i haven't thought of?
TIA

Bill,

I wouldn’t think that the problem would be in the switch. If you remove the tank, you can separate the connector for the left hand switchgear and jump it at the connector thereby proving that the switch is or is not the problem.

If you need to take the switch apart, you should do it on the bench, which means you need to disconnect it at that connector anyway.

Here is how to take that switch apart : https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?81859-Disassembly-of-Headlight-Switch

:dance:dance:dance

Hello
That being said has anyone taken the left signal switch apart to clean the contacts as i don't want any parts flying out all over the place.
TIA

I have read that people smarter than I recommend taking apart switchgear in a plastic bag. This so that if parts go flying, they get captured.

Sometimes the switches get a little cantankerous (ie: dirty) and a little cleaning may cure the problem. Do not take the switch apart, but do use some electrical contact cleaner sprayed into the switch while repeatedly pressing and releasing the switch. If you remove the single screw holding the switch assembly to the perch you can get fluid in from the back side too. This has worked for me several times on K75 bikes.

Back