• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New guy from TX, no BMW yet

scottepp1

An R1200RT is in my future. I’ve been riding 20 years, a succession of larger standards, current bike is a V-Strom 1000.

I enjoy competitive rallies and Iron Butt Association rides most of all. I joined a BMW club here in the Dallas area for the group rides and Beemer knowledge.

I’m married with 2 sons. Wife is about as supportive as one can hope for from a non-riding worrier.

Welcome to the MOA family Scott!

Hope your RT will service your future LDR requirements. It takes considerable effort just to exit TX in any direction! We did all three sides just before covid shut things down for awhile... :eek We picked up some new line-dancing boots in Harlingen visiting a fellow AF vet & Sun Devil grad. Did U make it to the Iron Butt’s spring social recently? There are some very determined Iron Butt riders doing their darnedest to earn yet another certificate! :deal

Happy Travels in 2023 - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome from central Florida. The RT will serve you well after you put a nice seat on it if it is still stock. Most LD riders go the RDL route. We love ours. Enjoy the ride when you get it.

https://day-long.com/

Thanks

for the welcome. @HSVPhil I did not attend the last IBA event in Jacksonville. I was at the October 2022 one in the Dallas area, good times.

Jus Sayin:

Another, cheaper option for BMW factory saddles:
https://beadrider.com

Ciao, HSV-Phil

This chap from Northern VA got 2 BBG’s from Mike at the FLA Dinner (1 to FLA & 1 inside FLA)!!!
Two-Bun-Burner-Golds.jpeg

Our Most Recent Certificate; got His & Hers from 2021 to 2022. :clap
IBR-Gold-certificate.jpeg

buying a beemer

That V1000 is a very reliable bike. That and the 650. If you can get the 1250 Rt ...its a whole nother ride.

An R1200RT is in my future. I’ve been riding 20 years, a succession of larger standards, current bike is a V-Strom 1000.

I enjoy competitive rallies and Iron Butt Association rides most of all. I joined a BMW club here in the Dallas area for the group rides and Beemer knowledge.

I’m married with 2 sons. Wife is about as supportive as one can hope for from a non-riding worrier.

Welcome scottepp1! Which flavor of the RT are you hoping to acquire? Hope you share a pic or two when you find The One.

Back