• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Arizona

oneof1923

Hello everyone,
I just joined MOA because I am a new BMW owner due to my totally emotional purchase of a 2023 100-year anniversary edition RNineT. I have been eying the RNineT for a while but never pulled the trigger. I used to ride while living in Germany many moons ago but never got back into it here in the US except for a few days renting or borrowing a bike. So why is this an emotional purchase you wonder? Well, my grandfather owned a 1924 model of the R32 in the 1920's and onward and my dad actually got his motorcycle license on that machine in 1950. My dad later rode an R51 for many years. When BMW announced the anniversary edition I put my name on the waitlist, and voila, here it is. A beautiful machine that continues the BMW motorcycle legacy in our family. My older son also got his license recently and rides his little Yamaha - he might be the fourth generation riding BMW soon ;-).
I am looking forward to getting to know the club and its members.
Happy riding!
The attached photo shows my grandfather on his R32, my dad on the R51, myself, and my son.
View attachment 91170

Attachments

• Collage-s.jpg
    Collage-s.jpg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 56
Welcome from a neighbor in Az as well.

Where in Az you hailing from. I'm 40 miles east of Phx. in the valley of the sun.

Neat history and mementos.

Congratulations on the new bike, I loved the 100th Anniversary edition of the R9T. It looks like you’re generationally set on all the gear all the time, quite a tribute to wisdom in your bloodlines. Ride well and enjoy the experiences the bike provides.

Best regards,

Chris

Willkommen One_of_1923 from two distant Sun Devils!

Take care on that handsome M/C; get some professional instruction if your skills are “rusty.” The MOA Foundation will provide U a stipend every year for genuine training [on-road or off-road]. Take the money & put it to use. :nod
https://bmwmoaf.org/rider-training/paul-b-grants/

Hope your new Beemer brings U many Miles & Smiles! :clap Take good care of it; keep the rubber side down.
I bought my R90S in May of ’75; still riding it around Alabama. Mrs-HSV also enjoys her bikes! :brow
Ya just never know how far your affection for BMWs will take you & your son (& siblings)!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Back