• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 R1200RT shock warning light on

CurveDawg

My 2018 R1200RT shock warning light came on (the day I was going to trade, no crap). Anyone with this experience? Remedies?
I have disconnected the battery to see if it will reset but no luck. I am going to a bud who has a gs911 to find out what code comes up.
Cost to repair? 32K on bike. Thanks for any advice.

Hopefully it is a glitch and can be reset by disconnecting the battery like you did, but in the worst case scenario you are looking at a possible rebuild..
IIRC https://epmperf.com can do that with the OEM shocks..... Good luck!

Had this on my 2018 RT back when I had 4,300 miles on her. Local dealer replaced the rear shock under warranty and although I saw the warning pop up again about a month later, it cleared after cycling the power and never returned. This happened Mar 2020 and now have 30K on the bike. When it happened on my bike the rear shock completely locked up, no damping or rebound what so ever.

If I recall, there was a guy in Calgary with a 2018 that had his rear shock replaced 4 times for the same problem. Here's a link to my thread from that time.

https://www.bmwlt.com/threads/2018-rt-d-esa-not-working.185253/#post-1937275

Not sure this all helps, but good luck with it.

Back