• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Eschewing Newer Motorcycles

"Back to the basics" is why I keep lusting over a new Janus Motorcycle... https://janusmotorcycles.com/

j2-2.jpg

I dunno, that modern engine looks out of place in a 1930's styled frame and body work. Why not just buy a new DR 650?

Hard tail

I will admit one thing, I am happy to ride and own anything with a rear suspension besides the spring seat. I knew a fellow who went that path with a Harley, he couldn't get rid of the bike fast enough. So some "modern" things I will accept. St.

You could totally talk me into one of these.

The new Jawa... unfortunately, not available in the USA.

Would I like to take my '72 R75/5 on a cross country trip? Sure! However, I'm still on active duty, so my free time is limited. I can easily ride my K1600 GTL 600 miles in a day, day after day. I'm no Iron Butt guy either. It is just far less fatiguing to ride and it covers more ground faster. The tubeless tires are easy to fix vs having to pull a tire, pull out the tube, patch or replace, and reinstall. I plugged my GTL's twice on my route to and from Great Falls. Took 20 minutes, including offloading the seat bag to access the battery and digging out the CyclePump. I find the GPS to be very handy, mostly because I can load an entire trip worth of routing into it and not have to deal with paper. I just pull up the correct day and there is 12 hours worth of travel ready to scroll. I conduct an extensive map recon before setting out and plan almost every single aspect of the trip. That goes back to that whole limited free time thing, and possibly a professional requirement to plan everything out.

Back