• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 F750GS - Crash bar/engine guard options

Gil,

If you installed the guards, how was the installation process?

Daryl

Daryl, In my working life I was a Journeyman Machine Repairman so my idea of installation difficulty could be different than someone who doesn't deal with mechanical issues on a daily basis.
My wife's bike was the first one of this type to be available in the area so it has been some time since I installed the crash bars. At the time the main problem was the lack of directions. Bolting everything together was simple but figuring out how things went together was the problem due to poor documentation.
Since the bike was a new model at the time our choices were limited but as you can see in the picture I posted they look pretty good.

Looking for upper and lower crash bars for my 750GS. I was checking you the Touratech Ultimate Protection package (upper and lower bars - https://touratech-usa.com/store/Ultimate-Protection-Package-BMW-F850GS-&-F750GS-

Any other options out there for upper and lower crash bars?

I'd appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thanks for your time,
Daryl

I recently got Outback Motortek bars for the F750 GSs (GSes?), they provide a level of coverage that is more than many of the lower bar sets I've seen, and are tied together in the middle (not to mention they've got a video showing them testing the bars on the bike). They've also got an installation video.

Hepco and Becker and Givi were some other alternatives that were frequently mentioned on other forums when I was looking for crash bars.

I recently got Outback Motortek bars for the F750 GSs (GSes?), they provide a level of coverage that is more than many of the lower bar sets I've seen, and are tied together in the middle (not to mention they've got a video showing them testing the bars on the bike). They've also got an installation video.

Hepco and Becker and Givi were some other alternatives that were frequently mentioned on other forums when I was looking for crash bars.

Would you be able to post up some pics of your bike with the Motortek bars installed? Maybe a photo from under the "beak" and from the top down? Just to see how much the bars stick out from the bike.

Thanks in advance,
Daryl

Daryl, In my working life I was a Journeyman Machine Repairman so my idea of installation difficulty could be different than someone who doesn't deal with mechanical issues on a daily basis.
My wife's bike was the first one of this type to be available in the area so it has been some time since I installed the crash bars. At the time the main problem was the lack of directions. Bolting everything together was simple but figuring out how things went together was the problem due to poor documentation.
Since the bike was a new model at the time our choices were limited but as you can see in the picture I posted they look pretty good.

Gil,

I understand your point. I'm a recently retired UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter mechanic, so I'm very comfortable with installing all types of "farkles" on the bike. Unfortunately the H&B bars aren't in stock.

Daryl

What is installed on this 2020 F750 GS

2020 F750GS factory lowered
Sargent Performance Seat F750 - Low
Wilber's progressive Fork Springs
Dunlap Trailmax Mission Tires
Wunderlich Engine Protection Cover
Wunderlich Extreme Wind Screen
Wunderlich Throttle Lock - manual cruise control
Puig Kickstand Extension
Giant Loop Pannier Mounts for soft Luggage
Tusk Soft Bags
Bark Busters Hand Guards
Touratech works foot pegs Low
Touratech engine, tank bars and bag racks.
Weiser LED Turn Signals
:brow

20220429_130055.jpg

Last edited:
windscreen info

We have Hepco & Becker crash guards on our 2019 F750 gs

Gil,

In the photo of your F750GS, what windscreen do you have ???
I am considering getting a 750GS this week, downsizing from a R1250RT, looking for wind protection when on a trip...

Wunderlich Extreme Screen

I have a Wunderlich Marathon on my F850GSA and love it, so when looking for a screen for the F750GS I was looking for the same sort of quite air bubble that the F850 has.
I went with tinted for the look as you don't really look through them anyway.
Screenshot 2023-08-08 101510.jpg
Part # 20230305
Wunderlich Extreme Screen
First - Select Clear or Tinted
Second - Choose mounting bracket size: 160mm or 115mm

The Wunderlich Extreme windscreen is the absolute first choice for all riders looking for the perfect wind and weather protection for their F750GS and F850GS bikes.

Inspired by our tried and tested Marathon windscreen, we've once again perfected the protection primarily at the bottom around the windscreen. The extended flaps on the sides provided significantly less turbulent airflow especially around the body and the underarms. The windscreen provides an optimum view of the front wheel. It is 5 mm thick and extremely stable, it doesn't wobble and offers a 100% visually clean view.

Details:

Perfect wind protection, even at high speed
No turbulence thanks to clear flow
Elimination of vibrations in helmet area
Optimum protection for hands, arms and upper body
Widened flaps at the bottom for additional comfort and protection
Simple assembly
Optimum aerodynamics
No water droplets on visor in rainy conditions (vacuum turbulence)
Very robust, visually clean and gas-resistant plastic
5 mm material thickness
Width 600 mm, height 460 mm

Attachments

• 20230304-22-4.jpg
    20230304-22-4.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back