• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Everyone still liking the Antigravity jump-packs and products?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
In the past it seems that everyone had given the Aintigravity jump-packs great reviews. In an email kinda deal from ADV, this came across-

ADV Rider Discount!

Save 15% now thru 3/18/23 on all Antigravity Batteries products using coupon ADVRIDER at checkout!

Might be a good time to buy.......unless it just brings it down to regular outlet pricing.

https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/micro-starts/xp-20/

:ear

OM

I've had an XP-5 since July of 2017 (no longer made?). No complaints at all. Got it after witnessing what they do.
I haven't had to start a bike with it yet, but it has started several of my neighbors' cars and trucks.
I do recharge it after use, just to make sure it's fully up.

Once while at a local restaurant (Big Wok - yum!) a couple of years ago, I came back outside after dinner and found a guy with the hood up on his almost-new Ford Mustang; he was calling AAA for assistance when I offered to try my little battery. Hooked it up, and everything in the car worked except that his starter wouldn't spin - lots of clicking and buzzing but no other life. I told him his battery was probably fine but his starter was dead. AAA showed up in about half an hour and towed him.

I have an AntiGravity lithium battery with Re-Start functionality in all of my motorcycles now. No issues and it’s even saved my butt a few times. Prior to that, I traveled with an XPS jump start and it did its job.

In January, I finally replaced my first Anti-Gravity battery. Think it was about 6-8 years old and always did exactly what it should. Finely got old enough that it wasn't "up to the task" so I replaced it with the Anti-Gravity Sport model. Haven't had to use it yet but it ready when I need it.

BTW, I like the Sport better than the first I had. It's much smaller and has a "charge light" that shows you the charge state of the charger.

I've been carrying my xp-3 for 2 years now. Knock on wood, haven't needed it yet but it did start the neighbors car.
I have a wire tucked away on the bike that plugs into the xp-3 so no need to hunt around for terminals.

BTW, I like the Sport better than the first I had. It's much smaller and has a "charge light" that shows you the charge state of the charger.

A lot of people like that one because it's very small.
They recently discontinued that one.

On the XP-20, https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/micro-starts/xp-20/

I find this-

Multiple Charging Ports for your Electronics!

Type-C PD 100 Watt INPUT/OUTPUT Port
USB-A (QC3.0) OUTPUT Port
USB-A OUTPUT Port
DC (15V/10A) OUTPUT Port – use for 12v devices

A 15V10A output port to use for 12V devices? :scratch

Seems odd as more DC voltage devices are harmed by over voltage than under voltage.

I was sorta looking for something that a cigar lighter type adapter could be hooked to to power some portable electronics as well as the jump feature.

OM

No issues and it’s even saved my butt a few times.

OK Adam, now I have to ask, when has it saved your butt a few times. Are you running something off the battery at the campground?

I have been riding BMWs since 1991 and the one time the battery died was the time I picked up my first and new BMW at the dealer and they had removed the diode plate for a rider that was passing through town. They forgot to replace it...so much for a pre-delivery check. LOL By the way, my everyday factory fitted conventional lead acid batteries last 10 years and in cars 14 and 16 years. The AGM in the 2016 R1200 GSA LC is still going strong.

But AntiGravity wants a ridiculous $1200 for a 12V 80Ah battery for the Porsche. Really :banghead I can get almost 5 quality AGMs for that price.

But AntiGravity wants a ridiculous $1200 for a 12V 80Ah battery for the Porsche. Really :banghead I can get almost 5 quality AGMs for that price.

That's odd... they started advertising a really nice Group 27-sized 100Ah battery in CycleNews, the first one on the market with a bluetooth battery management system (BMW)... $900. I bought two for my motovan a couple years ago, excellent quality. Now they have a 200 Ah unit, not sure what size. I use it to run the refrigerator and inverter for microwave.

I bought them based on their reputation in powersports for jump start batteries... but I have a NoCo one of those, which I have used several times to jump start my tractor!

I cant say that I'd put a Lithium battery in a car, either.

Gave my brother an xp-1 as a gift two years ago. I upgraded my xp-1 last year [ had it since 2018 for the trip to Ak. ] to the xp-3 and it resides on the motor at al times. I could use it as a supplemental power pack for charging devices, but I wasn't doing that, it was for jump start capability only.

The xp-1 had to be updated/changed out as it started to bulge on one end last time I went to charge it end of 2022. Not surprising when it sits in a pannier 24/7 in the outrageous heat we have here in the summer.

One thing I noticed between the xp-1 and xp-3 is that the 1 would be discharged two lights in two months, the 3 still shows full charge at 2 months. I asked them about that when I had the 1 and they suggested I use it to charge a phone or some other accessory every few months, then charge it up again. I'd not been doing that the first two years of ownership. So, every few months I charge a phone, two mp3's and then recharge the xp-3 as directed.

My brothers xp-1 has started his F250 in the middle of winter in Colorado with no effort at all. Cranked that motor over with ease is what he told me.

I'll always have an xp-3 in the luggage of whatever motor I'm running, it's cheap insurance.

OK Adam, now I have to ask, when has it saved your butt a few times. Are you running something off the battery at the campground?

I have been riding BMWs since 1991 and the one time the battery died was the time I picked up my first and new BMW at the dealer and they had removed the diode plate for a rider that was passing through town. They forgot to replace it...so much for a pre-delivery check. LOL By the way, my everyday factory fitted conventional lead acid batteries last 10 years and in cars 14 and 16 years. The AGM in the 2016 R1200 GSA LC is still going strong.

I do my own wiring on all electronic accessories so now, every bike I own will discharge within 5 days if it’s not a battery tender. I have a FuzeBlock. I have a PDM60, I have switches and most of my accessories allegedly don’t discharge my bikes yet they all discharge in 5 days.

Don’t bother trying to help. Hundreds of people on forums and on YouTube have tried to give me advice but it doesn’t work. My GSA has:
Two dash cams
A GPS + 4G security device that reports my location to Revver along with GPS logging & SMS functionality
Heated seat front & rear
4 auxiliary LED lights
Strobe brake light
SAE / USB ports in 2 of my 3 boxes
PowerLet for heated gear
Wireless iPhone charger
Garmin Zumo XT wired to BMW’s GPS aux wire (that used to power the NAV VI)
Powerlet USB charger by front dash
Garmin InReach mount wired in
..there’s probably something else I’m missing.

I’m not going to bother troubleshooting where the draw is coming from. I just have the AntiGravity ReSTART and it really does work every time my battery is dead ! :)

I do my own wiring on all electronic accessories so now, every bike I own will discharge within 5 days if it’s not a battery tender.

Yup Houston, you have a problem. Too many accessories not that it makes a difference if standby currents are near zero; have you tried just motorcycling. :D Just kidding.

Don't bother trying to help. Hundreds of people on forums and on YouTube have tried to give me advice but it doesn’t work. I’m not going to bother troubleshooting where the draw is coming from.

You know what they say about the internet, "the internet is the greatest source of unconfirmed information". Some of the technical stuff I read on the motorcycle and car forums has me rolling my eyes. Sometimes best not to comment as people have thin skins.

Other than that, your and Box Flyer videos are quite good.

Yup Houston, you have a problem. Too many accessories not that it makes a difference if standby currents are near zero; have you tried just motorcycling. :D Just kidding.

You know what they say about the internet, "the internet is the greatest source of unconfirmed information". Some of the technical stuff I read on the motorcycle and car forums has me rolling my eyes. Sometimes best not to comment as people have thin skins.

Other than that, your and Box Flyer videos are quite good.

:)

I appreciate it. No one in my family is mechanical at all so I never had any one show me how to work on cars or do electrical stuff. I would gladly spend a weekend with someone, put them up, feed them etc if they’d just show me how to use a multi-meter and how to do my own wiring. I seem to short or overload everything I touch. But folks on the internet have tried to help and I’m just a hands-on guy.

:) I appreciate it. No one in my family is mechanical at all so I never had any one show me how to work on cars or do electrical stuff.

No worries. So you must have a PhD. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're not a pilot with an airline. In the days when I was a flight instructor, I had students from all walks of life. The best pilots were those with just high school and the best commercial student I had is a B787-9 captain. This guy could not do LaPlace or Fourier, but he is one hell of a pilot. A PhD, and I am not talking about a small sample, they were disasterous. In a nutshell, it is interesting how minds work.

I have a friend living in Auburn, NH. ;)

A good book to read for anybody in motorcycling is...
Shop Class As Soulcraft.jpg

I got an XP-10 about a year ago. I was convinced that my bike's battery would die while I was in the middle of the desert. As it turned out, my car's battery died while parked in my driveway. :laugh Go figure. I jumped the car's battery with the XP-10 without any hitches.

E.

For many years I carried motorcycle jump cables. They worked good because we almost always had both of our bikes.
Around 2016 I thought it would be better to have a Anti Gravity jump pack for the few times I was on a day ride alone.
It's been bullet proof. Maybe I should try it out to be sure it works :)

XP-3 Anti Gravity (2).jpg

Man, I must be something wrong because in almost 32 years of BMW ownership and in almost 48 years of motorcycle ownership, I never needed to boost my motorcycles.

Back