• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

NHTSA Recall on 2022-2023 S1000 RR & XR

That is a hoot. The "front wheel liftoff assistant" might be deactivated.

So is this to help doing wheelies or to prevent doing wheelies?? Whatever happened to using the throttle to control wheelies?

So is this to help doing wheelies or to prevent doing wheelies?? Whatever happened to using the throttle to control wheelies?

You can select the amount of front wheel lift.

That's actually asking people to use their brain.....:whistle

You can select the amount of front wheel lift.

Cool, maybe BMW will integrate that with the wonder wheel and we can have a “Dial a Wheelie” option. And tie it all in with TCS, ABS, dynamic lean angle sensing and…we’ll be able to just dial in a Marc Marquez or Valentino Rossi setting for the next corner…

Makes my head hurt, and increases the love of my old airheads and missing of my oilhead.

Best,
DeVern

This is actually a little sad, a once proud and respectable old German marque pandering to hooligan activity. While it may help sell the product, it still seems wrong somehow. Maybe BMW cars will soon be available with “drift assist” software to support that form of self expression too?

Ah man, sometimes I feel like an old dinosaur. Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

No offense intended to those who pull wheelies regularly, intentionally or otherwise.

This is actually a little sad, a once proud and respectable old German marque pandering to hooligan activity. While it may help sell the product, it still seems wrong somehow. Maybe BMW cars will soon be available with “drift assist” software to support that form of self expression too?

Ah man, sometimes I feel like an old dinosaur. Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

OR,……. It’s designed to protect OG’s, :gerg moving up from an Airhead, from “grabbing a handful” and receiving the surprise of their life! :burnout

OR,……. It caught BMW by surprise that they had designed a bike that could do a “power wheelie”! :p

I think it would be “pandering to hooligan activity” if they advertised- “Buy this bike….become a wheelie champ”.

OM

Not pertinent to the title but the discussion, I have the following . One of the Motorads features that I found to be extremely useful yesterday was the hill start assist. While at a very steep, graveled stop with a RR behind me and short sight distance entering a highway the assist worked like a charm. I have many years of clutch hand and likely could have done this hill start but the feature was great to have in a situation where the intersection was challenging.

OR,……. It’s designed to protect OG’s, :gerg moving up from an Airhead, from “grabbing a handful” and receiving the surprise of their life! :burnout

OR,……. It caught BMW by surprise that they had designed a bike that could do a “power wheelie”! :p

I think it would be “pandering to hooligan activity” if they advertised- “Buy this bike….become a wheelie champ”.

OM

I understand the potential safety aspect, but BMW themselves refer to the feature as a "front wheel liftoff assistant”. Maybe I misunderstood what they intended that to mean to potential buyers?

I understand the potential safety aspect, but BMW themselves refer to the feature as a "front wheel liftoff assistant”. Maybe I misunderstood what they intended that to mean to potential buyers?

Bad translation maybe. It is actually a front wheel lift-off retardant.

The Yamaha R1 has had stability control for quite a few years. It recognizes how far the motorcycle is leaning over in a corner, wheel slip, front tire lift and probably 100 other things. Guys on Yamaha groups were saying how you can set the "wheelie control" To a foot or so off the ground and once the bike is rolling mash the throttle and it will hold the front tire a foot off the ground until it hits red line. It is adjustable if you want more "lift".

I imagine BMW's works similarly.

Back