• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2023 Grand Coddiwomple registration is open!

I just registered. I see there’s no mention in the rules that a BMW motorcycle must be used
so for those of us that have other brands as well, it doesn’t matter which we use at any time as long as we
have the flag with us?

Considering all the questions that were asked about the GC here on the forum regarding last years event, perhaps they did?

OM

Thanks but no thanks. Not for me.

Their hearts are in the right place but they've over-complicated what should be a simple process. Too bad.

Good luck to all the participants!

Joe

Registered!!

As an older rider who is limited for long distant trips, I see this as being a lot of fun!!

Reading the rules, I think it is possible to score some points with day rides from my home!!

Thanks to the organizing group!!:clap

I just registered. I see there’s no mention in the rules that a BMW motorcycle must be used
so for those of us that have other brands as well, it doesn’t matter which we use at any time as long as we
have the flag with us?

Correct. Ride any bike, or bikes, you want.

Thanks but no thanks. Not for me.

Their hearts are in the right place but they've over-complicated what should be a simple process. Too bad.

Good luck to all the participants!

Joe

It may look like that from where you sit outside of the judging process, but I can assure you that each and every word in the rules is there for a reason based on our experience judging, and adjudicating, this event in past years. If you read these rules, I think you'll see their value.

As an older rider who is limited for long distant trips, I see this as being a lot of fun!!

Reading the rules, I think it is possible to score some points with day rides from my home!!

Thanks to the organizing group!!:clap

The Grand Coddiwomple is designed to be relatively easy to Complete, but much more challenging to score highly.

It may look like that from where you sit outside of the judging process, but I can assure you that each and every word in the rules is there for a reason based on our experience judging, and adjudicating, this event in past years. If you read these rules, I think you'll see their value.

I've been on both sides of the scoring table.
Regardless of the reasons, its overcomplicated and merits streamlining.

Joe

My Coddiwomple Thoughts

Joe,
We knew that The Grand Coddiwomple might not be for everyone which is why we decided to not make it mandatory. :brow

Gregg, Joe, I have participated in the Coddiwomple the last two years!! NO, I have not scored very high!! BUT, the fun quotient is VERY high!! I've learned things about my local area I did not know, AND explored small towns (looking for points) I would normally pass right through without stopping.

SO, here is my advice to Joe: Don't like it? Don't do it!! Life is short!!

IT appears our little town has goose statue's, from a promotional several years ago! WHO knew?? :)!! H m m m m m m "Points" :)

Radar

Back