Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1985 K100RS. If it weren't for bad luck........Y'all know the rest of that one.

Here are photos with dimensions. Note: horizontal is Not Level - purely pilot error on my part. Let me know if you need other info.

01a.jpg
    02.jpg
    02b.jpg

Thank you. The height and thickness look to be okay, but it appears that your aluminum rad has an overall total width of 16". Is that correct? From what I can see, the ruler is spanning the width from the 2" mark to the 18" mark, which makes it 16".

Would you mind taking a photo of the right hand side, the thermostat side? I would like to see the mounting lugs on the right hand side of the tank above the thermostat housing, as that is where the plastic intake trunking parts screw on. On your tank there should be threaded stand-offs of some sort welded on. If you look at my first photo you'll see they have threaded brass inserts. Photo below of the intake trunking mounted.

Thanks,
    Tom

The stand-offs have threads in the aluminum that are m5-0.8. Since I have much experience in "munging" (technical term) aluminum threads, I have tools (heli-coil & timesert) for making repairs and installing inserts. If one is careful, it may be possible to actually use the aluminum threads, but torque values should be low and a dab of anti-seize might be helpful.

The width seems to be a "smidge" less than 18 inches. Paralax (and photographer error) makes this difficult to accurately assess.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Forgot one image. This shows all three threaded mounting locations -

05.jpg

You know, this might actually fit my bike with no problems at all. One more thing regarding those threaded mounts. The one at the bottom by the thermostat housing sticks out farther than the two at the top, correct? And the two at the top are on the same plane?

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlcccvrs View Post
    ...One more thing regarding those threaded mounts. The one at the bottom by the thermostat housing sticks out farther than the two at the top, correct? And the two at the top are on the same plane?
    Yes, this is correct.