• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Setting Tire Pressure in Cold Weather

While I do appreciate the knowledge shown here by folks I hold in high regard, I'll just set my tire pressure first thing in the morning for wherever I am and.....leave it until I check it again the next morning. :D

While I do appreciate the knowledge shown here by folks I hold in high regard, I'll just set my tire pressure first thing in the morning for wherever I am and.....leave it until I check it again the next morning. :D

I'm with you. Check and as often as not adjust tire pressure before (most) every first ride of the day. Pre-ride inspection.

What about the moon phase?

E.
Check from the left side on waning moon. Lots of interesting info here, but I tend to fall into the check it with the TPM and just ride.

I was at a BMW rally many many years ago. Early one morning I kicked the front and rear tires with the side of my boot. (Wayyyy before TPM existed.) An old snarly guy addressed me with, "You can't tell how much air is in there like that!". I replied, "I'm not checking how much. I'm checking IF." :thumb

Youse guys forgot to figuring how running nitrogen factors into middays pressure checks if it’s raining. :laugh

OM

And you absolutely *MUST* use the special air available only from your BMW dealer! It is specially designed for your BMW and your BMW is specially designed to use it. The performance will not be as the German engineers who know better than you do intended if you use any other air! ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!

I think I've got it now. It's only air from Germany in my bike to the proper pressure adjusted for temperature, altitude, full moon, sun flair, Haley's comet fly by, etc. :bolt

Don't neglect that Mars and Jupiter are both in our night skies now, so if you can't readjust to compensate, don't ride at night.
When do we change from winter air to summer air?
Hey, I just found out that Kale Auto has Pilot Wrenches - for that loose nut behind the wheel.

Back