• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coss-posting allowed? Good idea?

jimnto

I just posted in the "rides" forum topic, but i realize it would be much better in two of the regional forums. I would like to connect with Eastern Canadians and the region that Ontario is in.

Should I just copy and paste my post into all three forums? I am seeking advice on this.

Thanks
Jim N
Toronto

Cross-posting can be a bit obnoxious, although there might be times when it is helpful. I would pick the better of the two Regional forums to repost...just to keep things down a bit. If you have a way of changing the focus of the various posts, that moves way from cross-posting.

When I log on to the forum I then click the “New Post” button. I then see all posts since the last time I clicked the “Mark Forums Read” in the “Forum Actions” drop down menu. By doing this I see all new posts regardless of which sub forum they are in. I suspect many, if not most, other forum members do the same. Following this procedure makes cross posting nothing more than needless redundancy.

When I log on to the forum I then click the “New Post” button. I then see all posts since the last time I clicked the “Mark Forums Read” in the “Forum Actions” drop down menu. By doing this I see all new posts regardless of which sub forum they are in. I suspect many, if not most, other forum members do the same. Following this procedure makes cross posting nothing more than needless redundancy.

Amen.

Ok thanks for cross posting advice.

Thanks for the cross posting advice.
I'm in toronto and here we are in January 2023. I hope I can connect and find folk who are doing some extended travels is all.

All the best.

Back