• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW NAV5 battery replacement

brownie0486

Can't find battery 361-00063-00 [ 7.4 volts ] for my Nav5. Need two of them. Googled as much as I could, not finding them except aliexpress which shows the correct part number but they are 3.7 volts.

Any help in locating NAV5 oem batteries would be appreciated. Even the Garmin site doesn't list that battery 361-00063-00 number replacement

Perhaps there's a comparable battery component/number for these from someone else?

I'll call Garmin tomorrow. Forgot I had to call them the last time I needed a battery.

Unless others still have other sources.

Thanks

I'll call Garmin tomorrow. Forgot I had to call them the last time I needed a battery.

Unless others still have other sources.

Thanks

A year or two ago I called Garmin and the guy was feeling generous that day and sent us two batteries free for our two Nav Vs.
The invoice showed the regular price was $25 each.

Don't get your hopes up on battery life. For some reason The Nav V battery has a short life when not connected to power.

A year or two ago I called Garmin and the guy was feeling generous that day and sent us two batteries free for our two Nav Vs.
The invoice showed the regular price was $25 each.

Don't get your hopes up on battery life. For some reason The Nav V battery has a short life when not connected to power.

My brother and I are finding that to be the case with the 5's on our recent trip spending the holidays in Mexico.

My brother and I are finding that to be the case with the 5's on our recent trip spending the holidays in Mexico.

One is on the way to my brother, the other to my location as of this morning. I got mine gratis as a replacement and I paid for his. 25.00 + about 2.00 in I assume shipping or tax.

I also found that the zumo 660 battery is the same as the Nav4 battery, so those are readily available from a lot of sources [ just an fyi for others who may benefit ]

Back