• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Temecula, CA

itsrichierich

Hi all! My name is Richard, and I'm a new member from Temecula, CA.

A little backstory. I was and still am into sportbikes (Honda). After six years of commuting 39 miles each way for work, my back was saying it was time for something to change. I tried a Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP, which was fun, and had a lot of character to it, but wind protection sucked. I tried justifying the bike because of how fun and fabulous it sounded and got a lot of attention, but after a year, I had to replace it. I found a nice FJ-09 and commuted on that for a few months.

My boss picked up a 2022 S1000XR and let me ride it for two days. My life changed after that. Though the FJ-09 is a great bike, it wasn't an S1000XR. That night I returned the bike to my boss, I went straight to Craigslist to look for an S1000XR. Right from the start, I knew the Gen2 would be out of my price range, so I had to look for a Gen1. Coincidentally enough, a '19 S1000RR in triple black wasn't too far from my work. I reached out to the seller, and three days later, I had a S1000XR in my garage. Luckily for me, I have a wife that is understanding and into the hobby as well, so there is no need to justify it with her ;) Now the FJ-09 is for sale so that I can fund a dedicated track-only S1000RR.

After two months of owning this bike, my coworker and I decided to take a trip from Temecula to Yosemite, totaling just over 1k miles in a weekend. See this post for trip summary: https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php/topic,6840.0.html

Though it is my first BMW motorcycle, I am familiar with the BMW automotive brand. I've owned a E46 330i ZHP, E46 M3, F30 335i and the wife currently drives a G20 M340i. For the last seven years, I have worked for AGA Tools & Products, which produces and manufactures automotive tools. BMW North America is our biggest customer. We're known for our valve stem seal replacement tool for the BMW N62/N63/N63TU V8s. Because I am around BMW so much, it's almost natural for me to own one.

Anyways, I look forward to being more active on this forum and meeting some other members, local or not. I'm having a kid on the way, so the wife is telling me to go on as many trips as I can because on he's born, I'm not going anywhere haha. To end the post, here are some previous bikes I have owned.

Nice intro, superb bikes. Welcome here.

Lotsa good motocross action in the Temecula area.

Ian

Welcome to the club from central Florida. Take her advice because that is a life changing experience headed your way! Congrats on your newest nice ride.

Welcome to the MOA and German engineering, Richard!

Tis good to have a boss who rides BMWs and lends out his newest machine! :thumb

I guess you’re an accomplished biker, so try not to harm the Family Jewels since the family is growing... :brow

Cheers from the Tenn River valley. Don’t s’pose you’ll be attending the 50th Anniversary MOA Rally in June.

Enjoy your new(ish) RR sensibly (not quite an XR)...
Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Ms K spent some time in your area: Port Hueneme, Long Beach, & San Diego years ago...

Nice intro, superb bikes. Welcome here.

Lotsa good motocross action in the Temecula area.

Ian

Thank you! Yes, lots of motocross out here. You see the famous riders all around town.

Welcome to the club from central Florida. Take her advice because that is a life changing experience headed your way! Congrats on your newest nice ride.

Thanks, I look forward to it!

Welcome Richard! Now that was an intro! Does the wife have a bike? Thanks for the pics.

She actually use to ride, now she just takes my bike out for a quick ride around town. She's content with her BMW car haha

Welcome to the MOA and German engineering, Richard!

Tis good to have a boss who rides BMWs and lends out his newest machine! :thumb

I guess you’re an accomplished biker, so try not to harm the Family Jewels since the family is growing... :brow

Cheers from the Tenn River valley. Don’t s’pose you’ll be attending the 50th Anniversary MOA Rally in June.

Enjoy your new(ish) RR sensibly (not quite an XR)...
Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Ms K spent some time in your area: Port Hueneme, Long Beach, & San Diego years ago...

Thanks! Been riding for 11 years, hoping to keep those years counting.

No, won't be going to Anniversary MOA ride, but look to join one in the future.

Back