• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Prescott, Az.

kgruen2

Hi all. Just joined the club. Am a long time and multiple BMW owner. Recently received my second 100,000 mile award from BMW. My current bike is '03 R1150RT that I bought new in Aug. of 2002 (probably one of the first, if not the first, '03 sold in the U.S.). And in Aug. of 2022, the bike turned 100,000 miles. Looking forward to the next 100,000 miles, hopefully with some new friends from this forum.
AZBIKEWEEK2022.jpg

Hi all. Just joined the club. Am a long time and multiple BMW owner. Recently received my second 100,000 mile award from BMW. My current bike is '03 R1150RT that I bought new in Aug. of 2002 (probably one of the first, if not the first, '03 sold in the U.S.). And in Aug. of 2022, the bike turned 100,000 miles. Looking forward to the next 100,000 miles, hopefully with some new friends from this forum.
View attachment 90578

Running an 11RT just east of Phx. I get up your way in the summer often enough. I take it you know that area well enough to run 89 to 89A up to Jerome. If you like twisties, it's a great road to the old mining town of Jerome. One of my favorite rides

Welcome to the forum

A warm welcome to the BMW MOA, Mr Gruen!

U must now have some extra time on your hands, if you’ve been riding BMWs for Twenty Years... :brow

Happy travels in 2023 - Doswell VA might be a bit far for U, but that ride will earn U about 5000 miles or so!

Since the M_i_L lives in Mesa, I try to keep my distance from that neighborhood! :blah

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Running an 11RT just east of Phx. I get up your way in the summer often enough. I take it you know that area well enough to run 89 to 89A up to Jerome. If you like twisties, it's a great road to the old mining town of Jerome. One of my favorite rides

Welcome to the forum
Done it many times already. Yup, great road. Have you done Bagdad yet? About 1 hour west of Prescott with lots of twisties.

Last edited:
A warm welcome to the BMW MOA, Mr Gruen!

U must now have some extra time on your hands, if you’ve been riding BMWs for Twenty Years... :brow

Happy travels in 2023 - Doswell VA might be a bit far for U, but that ride will earn U about 5000 miles or so!

Since the M_i_L lives in Mesa, I try to keep my distance from that neighborhood! :blah

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Thx for the welcome. Actually, I've been riding Beemers since 1975. Bought my first Beemer in '75 and have owned nothing but since. Here is a pic of my BMW history: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/asset.php?fid=83440&uid=76859&d=1676659058

Attachments

• MCHistory.jpg
    MCHistory.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 60
Thx for the welcome. Actually, I've been riding Beemers since 1975. Bought my first Beemer in '75 and have owned nothing but since. Here is a pic of my BMW history:

Nice way to display your affection for all your previous motorcycles, Karl. :thumb I guess we’re in the same cohort of BMW owners, since I’m still riding my first ’75 BMW around the SE region... Here’s Team-HSV trying to CoddiWomple a nearby “H” just 2 miles from the house for the spelling of 'Wander Farther.' Too bad for us that the judges said a Historic Marker is not a good representation of a “place"? So at the very end of the contest period, we had to ride down to the Florida Gulf Coast to get our H at the Holt US Post Office. :banghead - Those Judges from Team Strange just sucked the fun right out of the CoddiWomple for us. :brow

Happy Trails in your SW region in 2023!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Huntsville-Marker.jpeg

Nice way to display your affection for all your previous motorcycles, Karl. :thumb I guess we’re in the same cohort of BMW owners, since I’m still riding my first ’75 BMW around the SE region... Here’s Team-HSV trying to CoddiWomple a nearby “H” just 2 miles from the house for the spelling of 'Wander Farther.' Too bad for us that the judges said a Historic Marker is not a good representation of a “place"? So at the very end of the contest period, we had to ride down to the Florida Gulf Coast to get our H at the Holt US Post Office. :banghead - Those Judges from Team Strange just sucked the fun right out of the CoddiWomple for us. :brow

Happy Trails in your SW region in 2023!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

View attachment 90907

NICE. Is the red one a R90S also? You had to ride farther than planned, bummer (not). Some day I'll make it to the south-east part of the country. I've ridden primarily west of the Mississippi including Alaska, except when I did Route 66 from Chicago.

New members

Welcome new old dude!!.:clap
If you make it down I-10 you can find me at the base of Mt. Lemon. Always up for a jaunt up the hill. Canyon carving on the Lemon beats the Dragon any day.
Keep 'em flying.
Dan Neal/ Tucson

Actually, the Red One is “The Kentucky Slut;” owned and enjoyed by many manly men in KY... It began its life as an ‘82 R100RS and somewhere along its life it became an authentic R100CS. Some of our days in north Alabama are meant for Vintage bikes; most of our longer eXcursions require 21st century technology...

We’ll have an easier commute this June to the MOA Rally in VA (our old stompin grounds), than to the Gr8 Falls Rally in MT.

We’ve visited 49 states on 2-wheeled BMWs. A simple “Space-A" military hop to Hawaii will check off #50. :nod

Here’s our Ride-2-Eat in nearby Tullahoma, TN {a stop at the Beechcraft Aviation Museum & George Dickel’s distillery.}
I usually ride the K-GT - K’s R1200RS is parked just aft of mine...
Beechcraft-visit.jpeg

A superb 1990 vintage Beech Starcraft on exhibit.
Beech-Starship-1990.jpeg

A unique aircraft on display in bldg #1; their famous Stagger Wing racing aircraft!

Red-Staggerwing.jpeg

Do Not miss the Opportunity to visit this Vintage Motorsports Museum in Leeds, AL!!!
https://www.barbermuseum.org

Barbers-R90S-2017.jpeg

Welcome new old dude!!.:clap
If you make it down I-10 you can find me at the base of Mt. Lemon. Always up for a jaunt up the hill. Canyon carving on the Lemon beats the Dragon any day.
Keep 'em flying.
Dan Neal/ Tucson

Thx for the invite. I'll be taking you up on that, maybe in a few months.

Actually, the Red One is “The Kentucky Slut;” owned and enjoyed by many manly men in KY... It began its life as an ‘82 R100RS and somewhere along its life it became an authentic R100CS. Some of our days in north Alabama are meant for Vintage bikes; most of our longer eXcursions require 21st century technology...

We’ll have an easier commute this June to the MOA Rally in VA (our old stompin grounds), than to the Gr8 Falls Rally in MT.

We’ve visited 49 states on 2-wheeled BMWs. A simple “Space-A" military hop to Hawaii will check off #50. :nod

Here’s our Ride-2-Eat in nearby Tullahoma, TN {a stop at the Beechcraft Aviation Museum & George Dickel’s distillery.}
I usually ride the K-GT - K’s R1200RS is parked just aft of mine...
View attachment 90911

A superb 1990 vintage Beech Starcraft on exhibit.
View attachment 90912

A unique aircraft on display in bldg #1; their famous Stagger Wing racing aircraft!

View attachment 90913

Do Not miss the Opportunity to visit this Vintage Motorsports Museum in Leeds, AL!!!
https://www.barbermuseum.org

View attachment 90914

Very nice. The orange R90S is a beauty. The Beech Aircraft display is great also. Love the Staggerwing. The Starship was futuristic, but turned out to be a failure in the marketplace. Too bad.

Back