• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Customer Satisfaction

Adam ....
i moved to Charlotte in '96 and it was considerably less than in NJ. Have all my insurance with Erie except for my 2 bikes which is with Progressive. So far very happy with them.

Did not know you moved to Charlotte, WELCOME! We have a great BMW dealer here too!!

I have really enjoyed everyone at the Motorcycles of Charlotte Dealership. They replaced my GS TPMS sensor with no wait time when I brought them the rear wheel. They have sold me a few oil filters & other consumables and there are a few MOA members on staff. I’ve been really happy with their service and selection.

I have really enjoyed everyone at the Motorcycles of Charlotte Dealership. They replaced my GS TPMS sensor with no wait time when I brought them the rear wheel. They have sold me a few oil filters & other consumables and there are a few MOA members on staff. I’ve been really happy with their service and selection.

They are really great guys. Everyone there understands that its all about building a relationship with its customers. Been a customer there since 2000 when I bought my first BMW. Have purchased 4 bikes from them over the years. And the sister dealership in Greensboro is just as good.

Enjoy Charlotte .... it's a great place to live and awesome MC roads in our backyard.

Are rates higher across the board this year? My cover letter from the insurer states, "different factor" affecting the cost. My 2020 RT premium is up $77.

Mine have remained the same as last year for both trucks, car and motorcycles. I do not have progressive.

Last edited:
Progressive won't quote on just a MC, they want another vehicle. Moving on down the road, see ya insurance babe.

Progressive won't quote on just a MC, they want another vehicle. Moving on down the road, see ya insurance babe.

In NC I only have my 2 bikes with Progressive. My policy renews in March so we'll see .... in past few years rates have remained the same or slightly lower.

Last I was informed, insurance companies really don’t care if a customer changes companies. This is especially true if a customer has paid premiums for years and never had to use the coverage. Years of premiums paid with no claims- the insurance company has won on that roll of the dice.
Changing insurance on a regular basis is tracked by the companies. It may not pay unless the amount is significant.

OM

Motorcycles are the only things I have ever insured with Progressive. Started with one bike, had three, and am now back to one. I think the original policy was set up simply by sending in a form, but now it is handled through an independent agent who finds us good policies for our cars and house. Those are still not with Progressive.

Try just requesting a quote at https://www.progressive.com/

Just switched both bikes and two cages to Progressive. Saved me just about 900.00 on 4 vehicles total with the two cages. Kept the house policy with Liberty Mutual as my agent told me she really couldn't save me any money and I would have to move to Safeco which is owned by Liberty Mutual now.

I'm an insurance agent in Indiana. I write Progressive motorcycle insurance all the time as stand alone policies. Insurance laws and options are different in every state. What happens in one state may not be available in another.

Progressive Motorcycle Insurance Satisfaction

I also will get a chance to see how good they are so I am glad most of the responses have been positive. I am currently with Foremost which has been good from a steady premium standpoint but am switching over as they do no want to insure my wife's new 2023 F 750 GS once our current policy expires Sept '23.

They cited as a reason for not wanting to insure beyond that time as "too powerful of a naked bike" or something like that (2nd hand from my agent).

My only bitch against Progressive is that it is owned by George Soros.

My only bitch against Progressive is that it is owned by George Soros.

Wrong

Here is Progressive’s response to inquiries regarding the misconceptions of the “affiliation” between George Soros and Progressive:

“Peter Lewis, Progressive's former Chairman, passed away in 2013. Throughout his life, he gave generously from his personal wealth to a variety of organizations and causes, ranging from politics, to arts and education. His donations were covered broadly by the media, and the ACLU was one of a number of organizations Peter supported personally.
Progressive's 40,000+ employees support a broad spectrum of political, social, and religious affiliations. Peter’s philanthropic activities, like those of any other Progressive employee, past or present, were his own and did not reflect the opinions or beliefs of Progressive.
That said, we've come across different versions of this chain letter for years and have found that they are, without exception, riddled with inaccuracies, misrepresentations, and half-truths. The details in this letter can be easily researched through reputable sources on and offline. I'm confident you'll reach the same conclusion. For example, Progressive does not have now, and never has had, any association with George Soros. Progressive also has never provided any financial support to any of the organizations mentioned in this chain letter.”

Update to post 49. I checked around and another agent was able to write the homeowners through Progressive as well. Got the renewal from Liberty due next month and they wanted 1700.00 [ last year they charged me 900 something so a MAJOR increase ]. The new policy saved me 1100.00 this year over what Liberty wanted, so a total of 1900.00 saved this year by switching to Progressive.

Total savings this year means a full service before trip and new skins with change left over on the RT.

Well this thread got me thinking about my upcoming renewal with Progressive (March 31st) so I called my very good local agent where I have ALL my other insurance and asked him if he could quote my bikes just to see if any difference. He is a Progressive agent in addition to being an Erie agent where I have all my other insurance. He said Progressive direct is different than the Progressive he writes but he would take a look. Well I was totally shocked when he told me going with Erie and getting MORE coverage would reduce my annual cost by $300 !! That is nearly HALF of what progressive was charging for my 2 bikes with the max coverage on all areas and he matched the Progressive ZERO deductible. I was blown away and I think I asked him 3 times if that was the correct number and not just for one bike !! Nope that was correct. So thanks for posting this and getting me to check!

Well this thread got me thinking about my upcoming renewal with Progressive (March 31st) so I called my very good local agent where I have ALL my other insurance and asked him if he could quote my bikes just to see if any difference. He is a Progressive agent in addition to being an Erie agent where I have all my other insurance. He said Progressive direct is different than the Progressive he writes but he would take a look. Well I was totally shocked when he told me going with Erie and getting MORE coverage would reduce my annual cost by $300 !! That is nearly HALF of what progressive was charging for my 2 bikes with the max coverage on all areas and he matched the Progressive ZERO deductible. I was blown away and I think I asked him 3 times if that was the correct number and not just for one bike !! Nope that was correct. So thanks for posting this and getting me to check!

While this is good news for you, I think looking for the best “value” is something an insured’s agent should be doing without asking. :dunno
Hope it works out for you.
OM

While this is good news for you, I think looking for the best “value” is something an insured’s agent should be doing without asking. :dunno
Hope it works out for you.
OM

YUP and mine does .... but remember he did not insure my motorcycles so was not aware of the renewal. That being said I usually check with him each spring for the bikes. For all my other insurance he has been more of a consultant rather than agent and always makes suggestions and as a result has saved me a lot on my Home, Auto and umbrella policies. Now he has all my insurance and I like that I have a knowledgeable person to call with questions. With Progressive Direct the service you get truly depends on the person who answers your call. Some are truly excellent and others are awful.

Back