• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can't Remove RDL Saddle from New RT

Being okay to be riding in PA at the end of January……..:thumb

OM

Luckily the dealer had installed a cable to the battery which you can see in the photo so I was able to run my heated gear. My own wiring harness was under the seat so I couldn't get it. Being January, it took me three weeks to hit 600 miles and schedule the run in service. This is new to me--I bought all of my previous bikes in the spring. But there's such a shortage of RTs that it took me four months to get this one after ordering it.

Glad ya got it solved. I don't think anyone wasted their time helping out, especially when we know it worked out.:clap. A very nice looking bike.

Did you ride to Tyrone? Feb. is almost here and longer days, and RIDING again!

Hermy's. I'd been a Velocity in Mechanicsburg customer but they lost the dealership. I'll still use them for service since they're moving to a new location a mile from my house. Camp Hill Yamaha/Triumph is going to become a dealer so will check them out.

As soon as the weather warms up in March or April, I've designed a three day ride to do Ohio's Triple Nickel and then head up to northern Pennsylvania for some elk spotting which I haven't done for a few years.

The thread was not a waste of time, I learned that the Wetheads have the seat lock in a different location and can better appreciate the way my Hexheads rear seat comes off. Maybe the salesman learned something too?

As a buddy at work used to say, "I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example."

Yeah--I was an idiot. I'd forgotten that the lock cylinder is part of the passenger seat so when I moved my RDL from my trade in bike to the new one, the dealer forgot to change the cylinders. So my first ride on the new bike was 72 miles bike to the dealer to get it done. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. View attachment 90729

Good looking bike. You just need to get some dirt on it. ;)

E.

Back