• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

AL 2nd Sat Ride-2-Eat to Hayden, AL

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
January 2023 Ride-2-Eat Opportunity:
As was the case in Jan-2022, I’m planning to lead a ride from HSV to the Top Hat Bar-B-Que Restaurant in the New Year.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g30596-d326063-Reviews-Top_Hat_Barbecue-Hayden_Alabama.html

Top-Hat-view.jpeg

Tis up to y’all. It was indeed a very chilly outing last January for our handful of intrepid riders... I am certainly attempting to elicit SOME attendance from folks in central or southern AL-GA-MS. The interest has just not there since covid. [Dec 2d-Saturday is actually the AlaBeemer's annual Xmas party at the Eagle Pt Hampton Inn in Hoover, AL in SE Birmingham area].

Be safe & be seen out there!
Happy Trails in 2023!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

View attachment JAN23-R2E.GPX

So I plan the monthly AlaBeemer 2nd Saturday Rides-to-Eat, but I can’t control the weather! I’ll get busy now on deciding February’s destination. I recently bought the Alabama Back Road Restaurant recipe book as a reference for future rides.

Like last January, the MOAL regulars were in attendance. Phil & Karen rode themselves to the Vintage breakfast in HSV at 30F before departing Murphy’s Gas a bit later. No Vintage riders were convinced to take this particular ride along many county roads. Jim had a shorter ride from his home in BHM (as I prompted him to ‘be sensible’ since he doesn’t use heated gear). Pam & Tom arrived together in the car down I-65 (she's recovering from shoulder surgery). Today’s MVP was LD-Rider, Paul Thorne, who rode from east Mississippi {just to eat a vegetable plate} at the Top Hat BBQ in Hayden, AL on a very cold morning for most of us southerner BMW riders.

Any & all are welcome; last February’s R2E to Piedmont, AL even had us Driving because it was so Frigid! :brow

Our Attendees:
R2E_14Jan23.jpeg

Our MOAL Secretary, aka Karen

K-Top-Hat.jpeg

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L

Back