• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member - Orlando, FL - 1998 K1200 RS ABS

mychiefs58

hey all,

just picked up my first bike in 5 years, and my return to sport (touring). my last bike in the class was a 1993 cbr1000f, which was stolen from my house in chicago back in 2006. went with a vstar 1100 from there until i sold it in 2017. but...just missed it too much (and the city mpg in the 30s beats the 12 i get from my car).

glad to be here and i'm looking forward to finding out more about this bike. i coveted them when they came out and was happy to find this 18k mile beauty!

IMG_4901.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Looks like the valve cover or timing chain cover may be leaking.

Willkommen Mr RS in Orlando!

Here’s hoping your new set of Bavarian wheels suits your evolved riding style. Hope the many Snowbirds will spot that bright & shiny red sport tourer and do U no harm. And maybe you’ll be able to cruise north next June for the MOA’s 50th Anniversary International Rally. It is located near the Capitol of the Confederacy; there could be many historical places to take in while out for an eXtended road trip. We hope to see ya there. https://rally.bmwmoa.org

You’ve selected a real broaster of a bike for a Florida resident. :dunno
Happy Travels, Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

mychiefs58
From the moniker, I’m guessing a former OH58 Army crew chief. Welcome to the forums, welcome to the club, you are among friends.

mychiefs58
From the moniker, I’m guessing a former OH58 Army crew chief. Welcome to the forums, welcome to the club, you are among friends.
well, oddly, that could have been close. i did work on them but no chiefness to my rank.

it's for Derrick Thomas.

Back