• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Luftmeister Auxiliary Fuel Tanks

tlangman4

Hi All-

I recently purchased two Luftmeister auxiliary fuel tanks (the ones that replace the side panels) and am having second thoughts. Sometimes my impulse to buy things for my ‘78 R100/7 gets the best of me.

I haven’t read anything about them other that what was written by Snowbum. I’d appreciate any feedback from those who have used them for a length of time who can provide some thoughts about their usage.

I’m now a bit concerned about strapping fuel with additional lines on the side of the bike. The thought process at the time of purchase was a way to carry extra fuel for a ride west as an alternative to carrying MSR bottles and tubes.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Tom

We had them on Voni's R80ST when we took a trip to Alaska. I was riding an R80G/S-PD with an 8 gallon tank and the ST had a little over 4 gallon tank. I didn't think they posed any issues and provided a bit of fuel security on the Alaska Highway.

I don't think the hose connections pose any greater risk than the stock hose connections.

luft call Meister auxiliary text

Hi All-

I recently purchased two Luftmeister auxiliary fuel tanks (the ones that replace the side panels) and am having second thoughts. Sometimes my impulse to buy things for my ‘78 R100/7 gets the best of me.

I haven’t read anything about them other that what was written by Snowbum. I’d appreciate any feedback from those who have used them for a length of time who can provide some thoughts about their usage.

I’m now a bit concerned about strapping fuel with additional lines on the side of the bike. The thought process at the time of purchase was a way to carry extra fuel for a ride west as an alternative to carrying MSR bottles and tubes.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Tom

Tom, please let me know if you’d like to sell them. James MOA 60706 what’s

Please keep any transactions off screen.....through the Private Message System.

Thanks.

The Mod Team.

Used them back in the day on my cross-country trip. I did not hook up any fuel lines, I just had a separate msr bottle stashed in my bag, just in case I needed to use the fuel. On tank held camping fuel for my stove and lantern. Worked for me.

Back