• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grumpy Old Men Thread

As I moved into the right lane some yo-yo on a GS came around me on the right at a speed that could not have been less than 100mph. The GS was black, the rider was wearing what appeared to be some sort of black silk pants and jacket billowing around him. He disappeared, weaving in and out of traffic without EVER using a turn signal until he was out of sight
Grump out.

Probably stolen.

Facebook

By all means move the forum to Facebook, then you will never have to read my opinions, or receive my help again.

If you don't like this post's content then don't read it or perhaps have the Moderators remove it. How is that for keeping up with grumpy old man behavior? St.

Facebook

LOL I am too smart to put up with the antics of Facebook as well as a lot of other social media. It amazes me people still use such things. At the least on this forum, it is member only and thanks to the volunteers moderated.

BMW RA moved to Facebook, that ended a long time membership with them. St.

LOL I am too smart to put up with the antics of Facebook as well as a lot of other social media. It amazes me people still use such things. At the least on this forum, it is member only and thanks to the volunteers moderated.

BMW RA moved to Facebook, that ended a long time membership with them. St.

I still have an Instagram account and like it. Almost no arguing, politics, etc. and I like looking at the pictures a couple times a week.

I just post car, bike and pie pictures.

Want to get me grumpier

LOL, one of the things that sets me onto the grumpy old man ranting is the number of restaurants and companies who think Facebook is the way to connect with customers. Nothing gets my dander up more than to find a restaurant or company I want to do business with, go to their supposed website and find it is a Facebook account. Worse is the constant message for me to sign into Facebook or register with Facebook in order to fully read the site. St.

LOL, one of the things that sets me onto the grumpy old man ranting is the number of restaurants and companies who think Facebook is the way to connect with customers. Nothing gets my dander up more than to find a restaurant or company I want to do business with, go to their supposed website and find it is a Facebook account. Worse is the constant message for me to sign into Facebook or register with Facebook in order to fully read the site. St.

These places were kinda stuck when it came to Facebook. People either don’t know or have discounted the data mining that Facebook gathers and sells. All they know is their friends are on it so they got on it as well.
An example of this would be the first local pizzeria that started delivering pizza. Pretty soon all the pizzerias had to start in a follow the leader (service) deal.
Then came all the other social media platforms…….
Hopefully all the bitching about the MOA will dim and those who enjoy what they get out of their time spent with the MOA and the forum can continue as a community that enjoy each other’s company both in person and virtually.
OM

Moa

Oh I rarely bitch about the MOA, LOL, it is not perfect and has annoyed me and in all honesty, my ire has been less than it would be in another organization or format.

Maybe I am wrong to expect the members of the MOA and the users of the forum to have an open view that a: BMW is not a perfect company, B: BMW motorcycles are not perfect (LOL airheads come close), C: advanced technology is not always a good thing D: advanced technology is great when it works but can be a nightmare when it does not.

So, I criticize BMW, I question those who have wiz bang bikes, I state my opinions, I argue my point and yes sometimes it may be an ignorant point however, I do learn from what I read here. However, in many cases, I must admit, I am not prone to modify my beliefs, regarding things I feel strongly about just because someone didn't agree or like what I said. It will take more than a grumpy post in this forum to change me.

Really if people want an organization free of this kind of thing, I would suggest starting a BMW glee club. There, standards could be set in place to prevent anything critical regarding BMW, the organization or the members hence a glee club.

One of the things I mentioned is the MOA forum is moderated unlike Facebook, I admit, in the past I have been notified by the moderators I stepped over the line, I was all too happy to take the criticism, and in some cases apologize. LOL, I don't have a totally closed mind. St.

Lost a close riding friend three Mondays ago to a seemingly avoidable risk he took. I skipped a ride the previous week with him to deliver a battery and never will now. I’m still processing it and the few seconds a choice would maybe change the outcome. A very experienced long time rider on familiar roads.
Then news of one of our forum members losing her battle has also weighed on my heart. Getting into those years when it seems to be happening way too often .

OK to be grumpy, just accept things you probably cannot change and roll on or get off.

This didn’t go unnoticed. I’m so sorry to hear this, thank you for reminding us about what’s important.

I still have an Instagram account and like it. Almost no arguing, politics, etc. and I like looking at the pictures a couple times a week.

I just post car, bike and pie pictures.

We should have a Pie Posting thread on this forum...... Yummy

Sorry

I am sorry for Henzilla's loss, as I am for anyone who has lost family or friends at anytime. People in our lives are infinitely more important than motorcycles and riding.

Sometimes I wonder how it is I waste so much time in the MOA airhead forum, or other motorcycle forums I am involved in? I have in the years of riding and belonging to this club as well as other never made a close friend or even a close acquaintance. Heck, I don't know how many people's questions I have tried to answer in the airhead section or the the amount of time I have spent going over shop manuals or wiring diagrams to answer someone's plea for help to make a repair or restore a bike.

A lot of the time, these people don't even have the courtesy to follow up on what happened or how they made out. Did my help, help? Was my time just wasted, is using the forum as a one way street for information all they wanted?

Yes, this thread about grumpy old men has invoked positive and negative thoughts and writing. To be honest, I would rather it had been a post about favorite places to eat while on a ride, that is important but so is a post to grump and tell. But never lose sight of what is really important.

In my part of the world riding is kind of curtailed because of the weather but I can still meet with the few good friends I made while motorcycling over the years and I make the effort to do so. St.

I got out for first ride after Mike’s death this past Wednesday and Thursday. The good was I wasn’t grumpy for a bit, got over overthinking every turn or pass. Thought about the good rides with him and gave a twist of the throttle in his honor.
The sucky part was it was a road trip to Houston’s southern edge for another funeral for an ex- sis- in- law I always got along with even after divorce where they wanted to keep me and ditch their sister :laugh. Godspeed Cheryl! Time caught up with you too soon .

Rode home Thursday PM and cleared my head… then contacted several family members and friends just to remind them to live life NOW and don’t take life too serious or for granted.

Back