• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1100RT Injector Replacmemt

tlangman4

Hi All -

I just purchased my first oil head from a friend who has stated the left side injector is plugged causing the bike to run on one cylinder. Based on the shop manual and also a video I viewed on-line, the process looks straightforward. I’ve made enough mistakes with my airheads to know that things aren’t always as easy as it seems, and I am aware of my somewhat limited mechanical capabilities.

Any suggestions or tips to keep in mind while replacing the injectors? Are there alternatives available other than stock injectors? Suggestions on where to purchase?

Thanks for any assistance you can pass along!

Tom

It's not very difficult to remove the injectors. Why not just pull them and send them (take them) to a fuel injector cleaning service? I have used injectorrx . com a few times. Reasonably priced, great service. They clean the injectors, new orings and filters and a report showing before and after flow rates.

https://www.injectorrx.com/

As far as removing the injectors, the biggest "iisue" is just getting the fuel line off the end of the injector. There are videos that show it. You have to turn the metal locking clip to slide it off, make sure you locate the oring if it's not on the end of the injector. Make sure you fully seat the fuel line when re-installing or gas will spray everywhere.

You do have a filter in each injector.

Very often, the OE fuel filter will allow smaller particulate into that filter.

After you remove the fuel rail, give some consideration to that filter.

It's easy enough to remove with a #8 wood screw.

Easy enough to source that filter from any Bosch certified fuel system dealer.

Back