• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally rotation map

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
I’ve been looking for the chart that shows which zone future rallies will be held in to no avail. I’ve tried rally rotation, rally zones, rally locations and all have struck out. A little help?

Correct. Following the 2019 rally in Tennessee, the 2020 rally will be held in the Western Zone, with the 2021 rally being held in the Central Zone. The rally will return to the Eastern Zone in 2022.

View attachment 72268

attachment.php

Your post from the “Tag Cloud” search.
OM

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?75890-Do-you-ever-use-the-quot-Tag-Cloud-quot

Looks like they need to update the locations and years. The color rotation was "Yellow-Blue-Red". Since according to that picture, yellow was 2022 making the western part of the country 2023. But we know that it is Virginia in 2023. Since 2020 didn't happen, they shifted to the same place in 2021. So the color scheme shifts also. Should make 2024 back to the western part of the country.

OK West Fargo then!

Out of curiosity, on our way to Great Falls, I checked out the “Fairgrounds” on the west side of Fargo.

Let’s just say the facilities were about on par with the 1996 National in Morganton, NC. :ha

Out of curiosity, on our way to Great Falls, I checked out the “Fairgrounds” on the west side of Fargo.

Let’s just say the facilities were about on par with the 1996 National in Morganton, NC.:ha

Morganton was a great rally. The President of the BMW MOA arrived riding her Ducati. Security was a challenge because throngs of locals had never seen so many motorcycles (or any motorcycles) and they all wanted to come check out the weird people in the M.A. Brown Riding Suits. And the chain link fence lacked concertina wire.

Morganton was a great rally. The President of the BMW MOA arrived riding her Ducati. Security was a challenge because throngs of locals had never seen so many motorcycles (or any motorcycles) and they all wanted to come check out the weird people in the M.A. Brown Riding Suits. And the chain link fence lacked concertina wire.

I liked the rally just fine however, I sure do remember a lot of people in the inner circle complaining about it and wanting to run Deb out of town on rails.

The facility was sub-par by today’s standards. Most thought it was a dump.

I was the Hospitality & Map Tour chair that year, led the first ever (for (MOA) dual sport ride, but commuted to the rally from Turkey Tom’s… no way I was going to camp in a field.

Next one out west, I'd like to see somewhere in Wyoming or South Dakota. Particularly somewhere near Keystone/Custer in SD and Laramie in Wy.

Two places I’d like considered

1) Grants Pass OR: Spacious fairgrounds with plenty of indoor space, lots of hotels nearby, two hours to the Redwoods, Pacific coast, Crater Lake and easy access to the West Cascades. Three hours to Lassen NP

2) Montrose CO: facilities similar to Grants Pass, numerous hotels, close to Colorado Monument, Grand Mesa, Million Dollar Hwy, San Juan Mts, Hanging Flume, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison

The Black Hills might be nice but I’m not familiar with their event hosting facilities and that whole SD, WY, MT region has seen several events in recent years. Time for something new with interesting sites not so far apart

Next one out west, I'd like to see somewhere in Wyoming or South Dakota. Particularly somewhere near Keystone/Custer in SD and Laramie in Wy.

The Black Hill would be nice but it's in the central region, not the west.

Dates Rally Rotation.jpg

Back