• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Misc body parts for vintage bmw

mototraveler

AVID MotoTours
I have had a fairing hanging in my garage for 30+ years. I believe it is a wixom circa 1950s or 60s. I have an upper with windshield and also have the full lower portion for a twin. I don't know where to start to find a market price for this and some other various /2 parts. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I could obtain this knowledge? Or is someone out there interested? I know these parts are as rare as hen's teeth. Is there a restorer that could guide me?

Karen -

I can see how these things accumulate! We don't allow buying/selling on the forum, as that is what the Marketplace link at the top of the page is used for. If other members have some ideas of costs, that's fine, but any other transactions should be offline. IBMWR has a section for selling things...you could check them out for the Vintage stuff to get an idea of costs or put something there for sale. The Vintage BMW club also has a forum where there are likely a bigger collection of vintage bike owners. Check out https://vintagebmw.org/forum/. It is free to join and we try and keep the buying/selling down on the main forum. There is a member's only section where there is a good bit of for sale stuff...it's nice to deal with someone you know is a full enthusiast if they are a member. Check out the various subscription levels for that.

As for a price on the Wixom fairing, my guess would be $200 or so, maybe somewhat higher if someone wanted to use the lower portion. Those are rarer and someone would really want to go that route to look to use those. You might want to put some pictures here just to help those give you better estimates for what they might go for.

Karen -

I can see how these things accumulate! We don't allow buying/selling on the forum, as that is what the Marketplace link at the top of the page is used for. If other members have some ideas of costs, that's fine, but any other transactions should be offline. IBMWR has a section for selling things...you could check them out for the Vintage stuff to get an idea of costs or put something there for sale. The Vintage BMW club also has a forum where there are likely a bigger collection of vintage bike owners. Check out https://vintagebmw.org/forum/. It is free to join and we try and keep the buying/selling down on the main forum. There is a member's only section where there is a good bit of for sale stuff...it's nice to deal with someone you know is a full enthusiast if they are a member. Check out the various subscription levels for that.

As for a price on the Wixom fairing, my guess would be $200 or so, maybe somewhat higher if someone wanted to use the lower portion. Those are rarer and someone would really want to go that route to look to use those. You might want to put some pictures here just to help those give you better estimates for what they might go for.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to sell here. Just wondering if there are restorers I might be able to contact. I'll look into your suggestions. I've been a member of all those organizations at one time or another over the last 40 years.

Back