• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA the Magazine

Before disposal, contact the BMW MOA office and inquire if their collection is missing any issues. A few years back I got the impression they were missing a few issues because of the Chesterfield flood.

I chucked 30 years of Car and Driver along with the same number of Road & Track issues a while back. Nobody wants them and now with stuff like the entire Cycle World collection online, why would you bother keeping the paper.

There's a guy on Bring A Trailer trying to offload an entire set of Road & Track; EVERY ISSUE. $1200.

Before disposal, contact the BMW MOA office and inquire if their collection is missing any issues. A few years back I got the impression they were missing a few issues because of the Chesterfield flood.

I chucked 30 years of Car and Driver along with the same number of Road & Track issues a while back. Nobody wants them and now with stuff like the entire Cycle World collection online, why would you bother keeping the paper.

Just out of curiosity, how far back does BMWMOA have digital copies of the magazine? And are they searchable?

Best,
DeVern

As far as I know the BMW MOA does not have digital copies, and if they do I am fairly sure they are not yet publicly available.

As far as I know the BMW MOA does not have digital copies, and if they do I am fairly sure they are not yet publicly available.

That’s too bad. A searchable digital archive open only to members would probably lead to a lot of closet cleanouts and recycled paper, as well as being useful to members old and new wanting to research info on older machines and other topics of interest.

Best,
DeVern

Just out of curiosity, how far back does BMWMOA have digital copies of the magazine? And are they searchable?

Best,
DeVern

Some online editions are available for viewing here: [url]https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/owners_news_2022[/URL]
Click on the "More in this section" drop down for years back to 2010.

The older ones are pdf files which can be downloaded, the more recent years are on Issuu and can be read but not downloaded (although that used to be an option).

I am not aware of any searchable index for the Owners News.

I am not aware of any searchable index for the Owners News.

There used to be one, back when volunteers maintained our web site. It was sort of a clunky way to do it, one still had to have the paper magazines to actually see the content. Scroll way down to see the index.

Edit: kudos for this work go to Jerry Glasow, who was the second to work on this archive. He is still among us, he wrote the Little Giant article about his GS310 in the December 2022 issue of ON.

I can't remember who did this index first, all I remember is my only contribution was to format all the text in Front Page to put this on our web site. :rolleyes

Last edited:
BMW ON Index; Next Generation Index/Archive

Hi folks,

Jerry Glasow here. Ian Schmeisser sent me a link to this discussion and asked for a copy of the last update of the Index. I've provided it to him and I've attached them here. Note, this version has an updated preamble which removes the copyright and all rights reserved claim. I've also related to Ian that I'm using his request as a nudge to start a project I've been planning for some time. I'm going to create a scanned searchable archive of the reference set of issues I have from the beginning (May ‘71) to the present. All my issues are originals except my May ‘71, Jun ‘71, Jul ‘71, Aug ‘71, Sep ‘71, Oct ‘71, Nov ‘71, Dec ’71, and Jan ‘72 issues are photocopies and I'd like to obtain original copies so my scans are of originals rather than copies. Any help you can provide along those lines would be appreciated. I would not be able to return the issues as the scanning process requires removal of the binding.

S/
JerryG

View attachment BMW MOA Index 2000 Preamble Updated 2022 12 07.pdf
View attachment BMW MOA Index 2000 Preamble Updated 2022 12 07.doc

I have the May 2016 issue and will keep it FOR EVER. I don't dare post a picture...... we don't need that can of worms open again.

I have the May 2016 issue and will keep it FOR EVER. I don't dare post a picture...... we don't need that can of worms open again.

I'm tempted to ask....but I'll just assume it's an oil article and I'll fuggetaboutit.

:rofl

Eddie Plam's wife. Were you in on the FB component of that little dust storm? Rather unfortunate....

Screen%20Shot%202022-12-08%20at%2010.45.29%20AM-X3.png

The rending of garments on Facebook was priceless. :rolleyes

"In which the BMW MOA membership on FB does their best to chase off anyone under the age of 50" was how I considered the whole thing. Jeebus. It was like a Mansplainers Convention or something. :ha

Back