• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sometimes You Just Gotta Ride

I’ve seen one person here in Montana get 10 years in prison for a large number of DUIs. Montana is among the worst states for under the influence driving/riding. I think vehicle forfeiture laws could play a helpful roll. Get a fourth DUI conviction and the vehicle involved is forfeited to the jurisdiction making the arrest. The forfeiture would apply regardless of who the owner is, unless it was stolen.

I’ve seen one person here in Montana get 10 years in prison for a large number of DUIs. Montana is among the worst states for under the influence driving/riding. I think vehicle forfeiture laws could play a helpful roll. Get a fourth DUI conviction and the vehicle involved is forfeited to the jurisdiction making the arrest. The forfeiture would apply regardless of who the owner is, unless it was stolen.

I can't address other provinces but in Manitoba, 0.05 is a 48 hour suspension and seizure of the vehicle.

0.08 is automatic license suspension until you have a "show cause hearing" and further restrictions will apply, including a breath interlock device installed.

They say failure at 0.08 is a quick $20K.

It ain't helping. As tough as our DUI laws are, there are some that feel it's their land and colonial laws don't apply to them.

I’ve seen one person here in Montana get 10 years in prison for a large number of DUIs. Montana is among the worst states for under the influence driving/riding.

30-40 years ago in Montana you could drive down the road with a open bottle. Also no speed limits and probably a dozen more "fun things" that most consider foolish today.

No reason to glorify an alcoholic with multiple DUI convictions out on the road in "control" of any vehicle, whether it be a motorcycle, car, or riding lawn mower in my opinion.

Maybe it's just the thread title?

SPP

Back